• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing A little luck in TX.

trigger time

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2006
Anna, tx
Spent allot of time walking and banging horns together last weekend, then we actually walked up in this guy. He was more concerned with the tail he was chasing than me. Setup was a 7mmRM with a 180 Berger. He was DRT. Best part of the weekend was hunting with my 8 year old and having him rattle a couple up.
deer4-1.jpg

deer1.jpg

018.jpg

caped.jpg

Re: A little luck in TX.

145. The G1's killed the score, but I was going for a mature deer more than one that scored good. This old boy was 7, had a pretty good set of scars and a ripped right ear from fighting. He was deff an old battle axe.

nice buck bro, little longer G-1's and if the split on the G-2 would have matched he'd a been a 150 buck for sure!!

Was that a South Tex buck or up where u guys live?

Thanks, our place is between Graham and Breckenridge TX. More of a north central part of the state.

Great TX deer, some brow tines on that deer would have put him mid 150's. Nice old mature deer for sure. Sure is hard to outsmart one that old.