• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A little range report.

SavageStag

Tech Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
Nellis AFB, NV
It finally got warm enough up here in Fairbanks AK to sight in my new NXS.
During the long winter I installed a Warne one piece base, Warne rings, and a 5.5-22 NXS NP-R1 on my Savage 10FP. I also had a smith skim bed the action since I was too scared to try it myself. It sits in a B&C Medalist.
I only had one box of ammo to sight it in and get one group out of it. I used Hornady 168 A-max factory load. I can't find any match grade 308 up here, so I have to stretch the 3 boxes I have for 3 more months until I move to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage AK.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, here is the group I was able to get. 5 shots, 100 yds.

April-May09077.jpg

Re: A little range report.

good shootin! you don't hear about too many savages that DON'T shoot. I love mine!

Nice shooting. Got to love those AMAX bullets.

Nice bud. Do you mind measuring the COAL length of that round? Thanks, Joseph.

put a caliper center-to-center on that group, and take another pic. No way it's only 0.375". There's quite a gap between your farthest bullet holes.

I'm just sayin'....

well whats so special about that?Savages shoot,Nxs are awesome glass to have,and Hornady amax is very accurate ammo tyo shoot.Good shooting man!congrats.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nate Haler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">put a caliper center-to-center on that group, and take another pic. No way it's only 0.375". There's quite a gap between your farthest bullet holes.

I'm just sayin'.... </div></div>

I measured it the best I could, center to center was the third Eighth inch line. Either way it was under a half inch so I'm happy.

To answer a few of the questions:

Joe, I will take some to work tomorrow and use the calipers to give you an overall length.

Bulldog, It was prone with a sandbag in the rear.

Skeetlee, if you would have read the description you would have seen that this was the only group I shot, the other shots were used just getting it to the center. Why would I post a pic of a piece of paper with holes all over the damn place. BTW how far is Mattoon from Rockford?

some damn fine shooting, bet you could find some distance out their to really stretch your rifles legs