• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A little Something I Put Together...………….

Orlando

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2011
Ohio
I have always wanted to do a accuracy garand build, here is the story
Awhile back that I picked up a unissued 7.62 Navy barrel on another gun forum. This was the heart of this rifle
413608319.jpg

413608316.jpg

I installed the NOS barrel on a real nice SA 5.4 receiver ,all I had to do was lap the bolt to get it to headspace.
Did some work to trigger group , has a nice 5lb pull.
List of parts are:
Excellent condition USGI NM front and rear sights and trigger group. Balance of the rest of parts are NOS unissued.
NOS Op Rod, NM gas cylinder, 65 series SA bolt, gas screw , lock and internals.
Stock is commercial and has had wood removed for function and accuracy .Did some NM mod work to the rear handguard but that's where I decided to leave the rest to the experts. Sent the rifle off to Ted Brown for a bedding job and NM work to front handguard. He remove the liner, glue and screwed lower band to front handguard
I am happy with his work and pleased on how this build turned out

413929706.jpg

413929707.jpg

413929712.jpg

413929708.jpg

413929714.jpg

413929710.jpg

413929711.jpg

413929713.jpg

I know Ted...... He only deals with quality parts... And when he finishes, It's a quality weapon. It's getting more and more difficult to accomplish what you have just done. You have something to be proud of. Good job.

Hobo

I love seeing a quality M1 Garand. I've shot a bunch of them and yet never kept one. One day, I'd like to get hold of something like this.

I'd bet with you shooting a 2" group with that ammo you could drop it a good 1\2" inch if you worked up a load with some quality components
Even still, its shooting about half the MOA of the required accuracy for a sniper rifle back then.

Outstanding!

That's fine, but I'd try to squeeze as much as I could out of that combo of parts. That's just the way I'm wired when it comes to this kind of thing.

I haven't had that much range time with her guys. I expect my groups to shrink with ammo I am using now as she gets broke in some.
Yes I agree, with handloads it would tighten up some