• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing A Little Success in Kansas

cardboardkiller

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2004
FL
Bagged this 14 point opening evening in Kansas. 275-ish yard fontal neck shot, couldn't wait any longer, from my Sako TRG22.

16kuys5.jpg

1zq3f2x.jpg

4lr85z.jpg

p3kmd.jpg

Roughed him out at 158" gross. Taxidermist is supposed to get me score sometime, he told me my figure was a few inches too low.

Re: A Little Success in Kansas

what unit and area were you in?? were you hunting over plots or feeders? through a guide service?

that deer is really neat. seems he is on the last part of his life. he dropped a point off the front of his right side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what unit and area were you in?? were you hunting over plots or feeders? through a guide service?

that deer is really neat. seems he is on the last part of his life. he dropped a point off the front of his right side. </div></div>

I'm not giving away my honey hole. That area has given me two deer in the 160's and one in the 150's over the last 7 years.

Cut soybean field on public hunting land.

No guide service. I have a friend that lives in Kansas that I stay with.

That point on his right was broken off to the main beam. He had several broken/chipped points.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great buck! 158" seems a bit low. Main beams are killer! </div></div>

Yeah, I'm not much of a scorer and I was trying to use a metal tape. I can get close(r) with a seamstress tape, but I couldn't find one.

The taxidermist kinda chuckled when I told him 158". I know he won't post up too much more than that, probably another 5 inches or so.

Thats a neat looking deer. Make a great trophy regardless of the score.

Very nice deer, and especially well done on public land.
cheers.gif

Here's an 11 point I took from the same area a couple of years ago. The 11th point is a nontypical on the left main beam that you can see easiest in the last pic.

29m5bb5.jpg

10585ky.jpg

2ze9jtk.jpg

19" inside spread, 22" outside. I haven't scored this one yet, it's at my mother's house in Arkansas, but he's low to mid 150's. I'm going to have it, my kill from this year and my other mount shipped to me or I'll pick them up sometime this year.

Non-Typical 10 I took back in 2003.

9fyyw4.jpg

1zzoyn6.jpg

ubwpc.jpg

28qraes.jpg

Just to give you an idea, his right main beam at the mid point just before where the little bump comes down is 4.5" around. The abnormal kicker that L's off the back is 6".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffbird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Very nice deer, and especially well done on public land.
cheers.gif
</div></div>

Thanks!

According to some, there's no good deer on public hunting land.
wink.gif

welllll i wasnt going to invade on your honey hole hahah. just curious. ahh cool he must have been a big deer kicking ass and taking names. haha. i have been hunting kansas for the last ten years and i have taken some big bucks too. i know some people and also a farmer with a lot of land! =)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">welllll i wasnt going to invade on your honey hole hahah. just curious. ahh cool he must have been a big deer kicking ass and taking names. haha. i have been hunting kansas for the last ten years and i have taken some big bucks too. i know some people and also a farmer with a lot of land! =)

</div></div>

As crazy as some of the deer were acting this last season, he probably got into a fight with a T post.
grin.gif