• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

a look at a new york "arsenal".

Ha Ha! That's some funny stuff there. Guess the 45 was in the couch cushions ;-)

“It was enough to arm a small army or militia,” a police source said of the bust. “These guys were ready for war.”

Blades aside, it looks like they were getting ready for a war on squirrels. Most of them were pellet guns ;-)

Beat me to it TXGAL ;-)

5 of those were BB or pellet guns, so I am glad that those are off the streets now, but I am really thankful that they got those phones off the street.

How about the " 67 rounds of 347 caliber ammunition"? I wonder how well that works in the 357 revolver...

Just the media doing their best to move the ball another inch or two toward tyranny.

That's it?
They would be scared shitless if they came to Texas

I know! Right!

Any self respecting 13 year old in Texas has a better cache of hardware.

If I were a cop, I'd be embarrassed as hell to have an article like this published.. We may not know their names but we know how stupid this is.

I bet they had swat gear, k-9's and there were 30 of them at that BB gun bust.

Your right OP. MY 16 year old has a much nicer collection and none of them high point, bb or airsoft.

Actually the best part of the collection is the green bong in the middle. :cool:

Frankly I'd be embarrased if that article was about me.

Three Iphones! They found 3 Iphones... Holy shit, that's some Top-Cop stuff right there. I know I feel safer now, knowing that there are 3 less Iphones on the mean streets.

What a fucking joke these cops are/this country is.

Pellet Guns and Pot Pipes. Gonna be a helluva war.

Fucktards

the dew yerk ass wipe, I mean post,... they have to hype none news storys, every week to sell their trash. this is nothing new coming from a libtard owned and based group,....

There is definitely not enough ammunition there for even a casual range trip. Much less an IDPA, USPSA, IPSC or carbine match. And there are what?...Three real firearms there?

But make no mistake about it, there are people who will look at that "arsenal" and be afraid and glad that these "militia types" are off the street. This hype plays well to that demographic.

You know, they were wanting to classify lever action rifles are military style as well. I know its a little off topic but to some of those nut job states anything that has the ability to hold more than one round per chamber scares them. Now back on topic so to speak, If you don't include the knives, Just about anyone old enough to hunt has a much scarier collection than that here where I live.

Half those knives were probably bought at the county fair, and aren't even sharp. And whos the DB that turned them in and reported him to the police...

Guys were really ready for war though... Let me tell ya especially with all those magazines.....

No shit. Not even worth a "good beginning/nice start" comment. Not sure who the biggest loser is here: the cops for their big bust, the Ny Post for their crappy article, or the jerkoffs with all that junk.

Damn, that's some serious firepower there. Good thing they didn't send in the USMC. THey would have had a hard time going up agaist that.

I agree with the comments above. My 16 yr old daughter has a better collection. And there is more ammo in the cup holder of my truck right now than that. I'll bet the cop gets a promotion.

Wait, this is in NYC? I call bullshit on the article. They missed the part on the no-knock on the wrong address, the 1345 bystanders killed in the police crossfire and the full pensioned, disability given the entire team for the mental stress of looking down the barrel of a made in Taiwan, genuine, ninja samurai buck knife.

If you weren't there then STFU and be grateful that sheep like us have the doofus, I mean dogs, to look after us.

For fuck's sake, those numchuks are ORANGE! Do you have any idea how dangerously out of fashion they are? ANY?AT ALL?

I was thinking, we should all take pictures of our collections and send them to the newspaper anonymously. I am absolutely sure the freak out party would make the national news.

bwhahah i'm glad i clicked on this link. i needed a good laugh. thats the funniest news article i've read all week.

Swords, machetes, nunchucks, clubs and pellet guns .... its enuf to arm a small army... of the 1500's in medieval Europe...

I bet Greg has more stuff in his glove box than that.

You keep using that word, (arsenal). I do not think it means what you think it means.
OK, so what do you think that it means?

ar·se·nal [ahr-suh-nl, ahrs-nuhl] noun
1. a place of storage or a magazine containing arms and military equipment for land or naval service.
2. a government establishment where military equipment or munitions are manufactured.
3. a collection or supply of weapons or munitions.
4. a collection or supply of anything; store: He came to the meeting with an impressive arsenal of new research data.

And by the way, notice that we were quoting the article's use of the term... :)

OK, so what do you think that it means?

ar·se·nal [ahr-suh-nl, ahrs-nuhl] noun
1. a place of storage or a magazine containing arms and military equipment for land or naval service.
2. a government establishment where military equipment or munitions are manufactured.
3. a collection or supply of weapons or munitions.
4. a collection or supply of anything; store: He came to the meeting with an impressive arsenal of new research data.

And by the way, notice that we were quoting the article's use of the term... :)

I'd hardly consider that a "3. a collection or supply of weapons or munitions."

I agree with you HB, see my earlier post on page one. That is, however, how the term was used; in the context that the writer of the article intended. It also conveys the correct amount of 'military speak' to foment concern in the average milk-toast citizen's mind.

On the other hand, I may have misunderstood intended sarcasm and movie reference on Peloton's part, now that I look at it. It's hard to read sarcasm into a straight statement on the webzscreen. :p

Man, I miss those old Crosman 1377 pistols with the cocking knob on the back instead of the side. Shame it will be destroyed because it's part of the "arsenal".

Hell, half of them are air guns lol. Super high velocity .177 caliber ones. Murder on protected pigeon populations.

If that was preparing for war, then I guess I'm preparing for global domination?

Yeah, when I was 15 I DID have a better arsenal than that.

I see four handguns, one beat the fuck up, and a Hi-Point carbine. And some Mall Ninja swords. WTF? My WIFE has more firepower than that next to her bed!

Wait a minute - is it illegal to posses a sword in New York??? Lots of folks myself included collect those things. I am not worried as I live in Texas. Pretty soon it will be illegal to have a pair of balls in New York too.

Wait a minute - is it illegal to posses a sword in New York??? Lots of folks myself included collect those things. I am not worried as I live in Texas. Pretty soon it will be illegal to have a pair of balls in New York too.

That would be a problem since my unit made certain to award nco swords instead of you having to buy your own. While I keep mine locked in the safe, I wouldn't be very cooperative in giving it up.

Too late, it has been for a while. It may be illegal to possess a large coke in NY-a sword you probably get you 10 years, but a pound of heroin, 90days of tax payer paid for "help".

You keep using that word, (arsenal). I do not think it means what you think it means.

Would my post have made more sense if I attached this image with it? (I was trying to be funny by using an apparently obscure movie reference)

<a class="embedly-card" href="http://thenarcissisticanthropologist.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/the-princess-bride-inconceivable.jpg">null</a>
<script>!function(a){var b="embedly-platform",c="script";if(!a.getElementById(b)){var d=a.createElement(c);d.id=b,d.src=("https:"===document.location.protocol?"https":"http")+"://cdn.embedly.com/widgets/platform.js";var e=document.getElementsByTagName(c)[0];e.parentNode.insertBefore(d,e)}}(document);</script>

Feel sorry for the LE who had his name published. I'd sue the paper for printing my name!