• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A M40A1 build question

alongshot50

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2009
salem in
In the middle of my build now. Question?; if I inlet now for factory Remington bottom metal now, is the Winchester trigger guard and bottom metal bigger so the Remmy inlet wont show when I get the Winchester parts and install or should I just wait and do the Winchester.

I had pillars installed on my stock so if the Remington is deeper ill guess ill wait. I milled the inlet very close so I could leave as much of the stock in place as I could. In front of trigger I know ill have to put third screw in front so I left plenty. I WANTED TO HUNT ...dang.. I got 2 builds going at the same time M40A5 and A1...Yikes All my stash funds are gone...I need Winchester parts and Surefire Brake and Ill have everything for both. Twomanattack has Winchester parts but I got to buy Christmas for everybody... wish I could find them cheap... LOL nothing on snipers are cheap.