• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Marketing Team Says It Can Listen To Consumers Through Their Phones

My boss was near an Alexa and was talking about fishing equipment. Then opened his laptop and started a browser to look up something and started seeing ads for fishing gear.

And that is why I sing crude songs designed to stick in the minds of ad people. It's what I can do.

My boss was near an Alexa and was talking about fishing equipment. Then opened his laptop and started a browser to look up something and started seeing ads for fishing gear.

And that is why I sing crude songs designed to stick in the minds of ad people. It's what I can do.

its not an actual human thats listening, its "AI" or really a routine or program that has voice/word recognition and then targets you immediately.

I've never had any of this shit happen to me. Why?

I enable every possible privacy setting on my devices/software.
I use the strictest cookie and site tracking settings in my browsers.
I use ad blockers in all my browsers.
I never have any listening AI type device/software around me nor use it.

Anyone that does is naive.

13 years ago I was working IT for the local local Sheriff's office. During a staff meeting we were discussing the FBI's newest CJIS (pronounced see-jis. Criminal Justice Information Services) requirements. After that meeting I started getting CJIS software ads on my Blackberry. This is not new.

Anything that is marketed as "smart" is spying on you.

Now who is being naive....

I'm talking about just ad tracking/marketing shit.

Hardware backdoors are in virtually every device sold on the US market. Look at the infamous Intel Management Engine. That's been a long battle in the open source and hardware security community for awhile.

I walk around the house all day muttering “it’s a god damned government conspiracy, I tell ya what.” I never get any directed adverts.

On another note. This nice couple moved in down the street. They must be from up north somewhere. I didn’t have the heart to tell them that their black suburban was going to be like an oven during the summer.

Just wait until your house remodel is moving along and suddenly there is a knock on the door because your plumber purchased pipe bomb material and brought it into your basement.
1 each - 2" x 6" galv nipple, TBE
1 each - 2" galv pipe plug, NPT
1 each - 2" galv coupling, NPT
1 each - 2" gavl pipe cap NPT
Then the UPS guy walks up and hands you your reloading supplies in a "HAZMAT' labeled box.
Meanwhile the Neighborhood Watch Captain shows up asking "Is everything OK".....
You are screwed

13 years ago I was working IT for the local local Sheriff's office. During a staff meeting we were discussing the FBI's newest CJIS (pronounced see-jis. Criminal Justice Information Services) requirements. After that meeting I started getting CJIS software ads on my Blackberry. This is not new.

Did you by any chance search for it in the web.

Just wait until your house remodel is moving along and suddenly there is a knock on the door because your plumber purchased pipe bomb material and brought it into your basement.
1 each - 2" x 6" galv nipple, TBE
1 each - 2" galv pipe plug, NPT
1 each - 2" galv coupling, NPT
1 each - 2" gavl pipe cap NPT
Then the UPS guy walks up and hands you your reloading supplies in a "HAZMAT' labeled box.
Meanwhile the Neighborhood Watch Captain shows up asking "Is everything OK".....
You are screwed

I walk around the house all day muttering “it’s a god damned government conspiracy, I tell ya what.” I never get any directed adverts.

On another note. This nice couple moved in down the street. They must be from up north somewhere. I didn’t have the heart to tell them that their black suburban was going to be like an oven during the summer.
I go worse than that. I sing songs that are butchered and guaranteed to get stuck in your head. Not just for marketing, but for the spooks out there.

(sung to the tune of "The Brady Bunch" theme song:

"Smacked my anus
With my own penis.
That's what I get for dancing in the nude.

Got caught in my own ass hair.
Had to yank it loose.

Then one day I fingered a solution.
Paracord tied around the end.
Hanging from above it's a dick tie.
It never happened again.

Never happened again, never happened again.
And it never happened again."
(ending coda)

I need that to stick in the mind like peanut butter on the roof of the mouth. Like ugly on ape. Like evil on democrat.

Reactions: 232593
I golfed a few times in High School PE.
When I was at college, I dated a gal from South Africa there on a golf scholarship and she would regularly kick my ass on the links.
I haven't golfed since. I don't look at golf shit on the internet. I don't talk golf shit with anyone, ever.
About 15 years ago, one of my friends was working in Guam. We communicated via email. He told me about a stray his kids had brought home and how smart it was. We had a mini Dachshund, he's still alive and not in too bad health, but he knows about 200 words of English. I was saying it was impressive because his brain couldn't be any larger than a golf ball...maybe I should have named him Calloway or Titleist. We both had Gmail addresses.
Sure as shit. What shows up in the browser ads?

I ditched Gmail, Chrome, Google. I stay away from MS shit as much as possible. Big tech is not a friend of freedom.

I use Protonmail and pay for it. I get very very little spam. Firefox, DuckDuckGo and VPN real often.

Almost like its an acronym for State Monitoring And Recording Technology

• Love
Reactions: Ichi and Yasherka
Every year a group of guys go to the north woods of wisconsin for a few days. This place is off the grid. No water, electric or cell reception.

One night we were all talking about wheated bourbon (Larceny). When we got back into cell phone service areas, the guys' Facebook feeds began showing information on Larceny and wheated bourbon.

This was 4-5 years ago.

Not only does it listen- but it stores the information and uploads it once the device becomes reconnected.

Another one: two years ago we went for a road trip for spring break. The family was bitching about covid lockdowns. One of the kids said that Fauci sucks. The ipad/Siri responded and said "that wasn't very nice".

• Haha
Reactions: SilentStalkr
If you don’t believe this is true, I dare you to say honey I need a new set of tires for my truck for Christmas. See how long it takes for ads to start showing up.

You don’t even have to be home.

Reactions: lonegunman762x51
If you have any secrets, never say them around a cell phone. This is why they are not allowed in classified areas of buildings.

I took a picture of an $8k giant impact socket at work. Since they are done setting 8 inch bolts, its a candy dish. Now I have ads for giant sockets and Ingersoll Rand giant 4 inch drive impact tools all over my shit. Since I wrote this, they'll never fucking stop.

There are companies with entire verticals that correlate networked hardware and usage to personas. Then sell the data to third parties.

A third party could be any company, government, or entity that wants to fork over the dollars for the data the end user agreed to share having signed the fine print to use the device.

Reactions: Ichi
Well, the only thing left to do is to become the biggest marketing target possible. Make your electronic presence irresistible to every marketing effort. Force “them,” through cold manipulation of their own algorithms and FOMO, to spend as much money as possible in selling to you. Then, don’t buy their shit. Make “them” blacklist you.

If you have any secrets, never say them around a cell phone. This is why they are not allowed in classified areas of buildings.

I took a picture of an $8k giant impact socket at work. Since they are done setting 8 inch bolts, its a candy dish. Now I have ads for giant sockets and Ingersoll Rand giant 4 inch drive impact tools all over my shit. Since I wrote this, they'll never fucking stop.
Do you get ads for penis enlargement?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just kidding man.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SilentStalkr
I have a flip phone and no Alexa or anything like it in my home. I tape over all the LEDs on the TVs and cable boxes and tape the cameras on the laptop. I also wear tin foil hat so what?.No one fucks with me.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
image.png

I have a flip phone and no Alexa or anything like it in my home. I tape over all the LEDs on the TVs and cable boxes and tape the cameras on the laptop. I also wear tin foil hat so what?.No one fucks with me.
I resemble that remark... ;)
50 years ago, before any of these electronic devices, I was traveling nationwide and working... Heavy industrial, oil patch, diving, trucking, etc. I was good at the things I did. I went on jobs because they needed the skills I had. I stayed consistent. Supervision knew I was not the guy to fuck with me because of a sticker on my hard hat or it was being worn backwards. We traveled with a road atlas, little black book and a roll of quarters. No GPS, IPhone, Alexa, credit cards or excess baggage. Mail went to a mail forwarding service and I got it every 2 weeks. Most of my accounts were paid months in advance, "just in case". We had much more freedom then than we do now. Many times I was on the next job, working, before most knew I was even gone. Living a lifestyle like that today would scare the shit out of most people.
That was the good old days.

Attachments

• Council bluffs.JPG
    Council bluffs.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 39

How do you go to a store, refuel at a gas station, post on the internet?

Reactions: Ronws
Exactly. How does one "go off the grid" and still post on an internet forum?
Can you read ?

Here are 2 examples of very public people I follow. They are excellent ghost.

Reactions: 232593
How do you go to a store, refuel at a gas station, post on the internet?

Exactly. How does one "go off the grid" and still post on an internet forum?
Last time I checked, I don't have an alexa following me around at a gas station? Or a store?

If you don't know what I'm talking about why quote me? I run degoogled android devices with limited proprietary software and limit what I do on Windows PCs to minimize Microshafts data harvesting. Ditto with any web browsers I use. Your ISP can typically see what you're looking at but that's just how it works.

I'm talking about eliminating data harvesting and ad tracking. Not being invisible online. Not hiding from the feds. Etc. They are not the same. You guys equating the two are ill-informed.

Last time I checked, I don't have an alexa following me around at a gas station? Or a store?

If you don't know what I'm talking about why quote me? I run degoogled android devices with limited proprietary software and limit what I do on Windows PCs to minimize Microshafts data harvesting. Ditto with any web browsers I use. Your ISP can typically see what you're looking at but that's just how it works.

I'm talking about eliminating data harvesting and ad tracking. Not being invisible online. Not hiding from the feds. Etc. They are not the same. You guys equating the two are ill-informed.
I didn't quote you. I asked a question.

I prescribe one chill pill and a glass of water.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Odd question… Are “random” ads better than ads for products you are actually in need of purchasing?

Nothing on the Internet is secure.

This morning:

Kitco logo

Kitco.com Alert: Real-Time Precious Metal Quotes and Charts Available Here​

Other Services and Online Store Temporarily Unavailable​

Our website is currently experiencing a disruption due to a cyber security incident. Our team is actively working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We are committed to ensuring the security and integrity of our services and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Odd question… Are “random” ads better than ads for products you are actually in need of purchasing?
Lately it appears that if you get random ads, it means that whatever ad service is feeding you ads is having trouble tracking your interests or web traffic which is definitely better than personalized ads that are following/tracking your traffic/behavior.

Whenever I see people mention seeing ads I am always confused as to where they are seeing them. I almost never see ads anymore on the net because I use every possible setting and addon to limit or eliminate ads and tracking.

Lately it appears that if you get random ads, it means that whatever ad service is feeding you ads is having trouble tracking your interests or web traffic which is definitely better than personalized ads that are following/tracking your traffic/behavior.

Whenever I see people mention seeing ads I am always confused as to where they are seeing them. I almost never see ads anymore on the net because I use every possible setting and addon to limit or eliminate ads and tracking.
I know, I know, “don’t watch no damned idiot box. Got better things to do…” But, imagine a world where the ads on TV (which you are going to get, no matter what you do) were for things you actually use. Instead of Budweiser and Tampax, you get Berger and Hodgdon.

I know, I know, “don’t watch no damned idiot box. Got better things to do…” But, imagine a world where the ads on TV (which you are going to get, no matter what you do) were for things you actually use. Instead of Budweiser and Tampax, you get Berger and Hodgdon.
That's sort of the goal with targeted ads. But unforunately they harvest that data to sell to the highest bidder and double dip off you. It would be one thing if we could choose to sell our data for profit ourselves.

I took the post I quoted to mean a lot more extreme than you’re referring to.

I was thinking you were the kind of guy who only went grocery shopping between 4 and 5 AM so none of the other shoppers’ phones got too close to you.