• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A-max 168's for 8 bucks!!

BECKS7

Sergeant
Minuteman
So I happend on a box of Hornady 168 A-max the other day...for 8 bucks.
I have never used them befor and was wondering who has a load for them?
I have a Remington 5R milspec, anyonebody else have the same barrel/rifle and used these?
I have IMR 4064, fed 210M primers, and fgmm brass
If you have any load data on them that would be great, pics would be nice to.
I lost what load I used for SMK 168's so I have gotta start from scratch.

Thanks guys

Re: A-max 168's for 8 bucks!!

You got a real steal there.

I've loaded the 168 gr. A-Max over Varget in a 30/06. It turned out that the same load worked well with Nosler 168 gr. BTHP match bullets, Barnes TSX bullets and Barnes Banded Solids.

The A-Maxes shot very well for me.

try 42.5gr of RE-15

I run that charge under 168rg SMK's and it's pretty close to FGMM which seems to shoot well in everything.

I have 20 AMAX's sitting here, but have not had a chance to load them up.

8 bucks a box is amazing for those things! I just paid 3x's that for the 178's... heck, that's less than the price in 2002 when I started shooting Amax bullets...

Some medium burning powder will work well for that bullet, I have good luck with H3450 and I 4350 for 170-180 grain bullets in my 30-06. You could shoot it with BLC-2, but I get pretty large spreads in velocity when I'm at 178's, it's just too fast for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BA7rum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">honkey, what are you shooting these bullets in? </div></div>Its in the title, but its a remington 5R