• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A-Max in the lands?

birddog28

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2008
GA, USA
I've got them seated just touching the lands like using a berger VLD...is this acceptable practice with this pill?

Re: A-Max in the lands?

I run my amaxes at mag length in a factory chamber with submoa results. No need to run them to the lands.

+1 on max mag length my gun did not like them touching,.005,.010 ex..... when i got to max mag length they started shooting well under .25 groups

Interesting il keep this in mind for myself too... thanks guys
laugh.gif

We seat touching (140/.260/Lothar-Walther/SAAMI chamber)), and it works.

Never had mine work with them seated in the lands like the VLD's seem to like. Of all the calibers and sizes of Amax that I've used (about 8) they all have worked the best starting from at least 0.01" or more.

Keep in mind that the closer you seat the bullet to the lands the higher the pressure gets typically. Obviously you want to be careful and work the load up. Tight fitting chambers usually benefit land touching bullets while my factory sloppy ass chamber works well in conjuction with mag length rounds.

I run all my AMAX at about .010" off the lands. Works well.

I run all mine moly'd and in the lands. 75's in the 223AI and 105's in the 243AI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firmeivlife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I seat mine .020 off lands and shoot below .25 moa all day. </div></div>

Damn! I'd like to shoot .25 moa atleast ONCE....let alone below it all the time!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firmeivlife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I seat mine .020 off lands and shoot below .25 moa all day. </div></div>

Damn! How many rounds a day?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firmeivlife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I seat mine .020 off lands and shoot below .25 moa all day. </div></div>

Damn! I'd like to shoot .25 moa atleast ONCE....let alone below it all the time!! </div></div>

....Tom Berenger said it best once " That's the kinda stuff myths are made of"....

...just saying.
wink.gif