• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes A Newer/Better Revic PMR?

Center Mass

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2008
Pa
I am my own worst enemy sometimes because I always want to try different things, especially optics. I have been considering picking up a Revic PMR, mainly beause I thiink it would really intuitive to be able to just dial the range in the HUD and fire. Seems like a well executed product and I'm not sure why more people aren't using them. However, knowing my luck, I am worried a that as soon as I do, Revic will come out with a new version or someone else will come out with the next latest and greatest ballistic software integrated optic. So, does onyone know of rumors of something newer/better in the works?

CM

I think the proliferation of rangefinders with integrated ballistics programs kinda took the wind out of the sails of a product like the Revic. I always thought it was an interesting way of handling dope but if I had to guess, I'd say that for most precision shooters, it works somewhat better to just get your dope on your LRF. Or you can tape your turrets like some do.

Reactions: Center Mass
I really like the trend of ballistic scopes because it pushes the envelope on what’s possible. The Steiner IFS has some really cool features too, but the solver needs to be better.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I really like the trend of ballistic scopes because it pushes the envelope on what’s possible. The Steiner IFS has some really cool features too, but the solver needs to be better.
Something with an integrated LRF (and ballistics solver) like a higher end Burris Eliminator would be pretty sweet. Or really just any weapon-mounted LRF that works reliably and doesn't cost $10k, haha

Something with an integrated LRF (and ballistics solver) like a higher end Burris Eliminator would be pretty sweet. Or really just any weapon-mounted LRF that works reliably and doesn't cost $10k, haha
There are some things on the way that will do things like this that are really cool especially for the price.

Reactions: dgheriani
Every year they’ll be the “something newer”
Buy quality with the features you want and use it and enjoy it.

To an extent, you are absolutely correct. But Revic's have been out for several years now and I have not seen anything remotely like it since. Except the new military contract Vortex LPVO that kinda does everything but as far as I know it is not available to the civilian market.

CM

Reactions: Jeff Gahler
To an extent, you are absolutely correct. But Revic's have been out for several years now and I have not seen anything remotely like it since. Except the new military contract Vortex LPVO that kinda does everything but as far as I know it is not available to the civilian market.

CM
Check out some of Steiner's gear from about 5 - 6 years ago. M7Xi. Also the Steiner thermal Red Dot from around 7 years ago I think now. Also the L3 Raytheon IBRS. The Kopin Corporation Precision Acquisition and Targeting Systems (PATS). The, nearly 12 year old now I think, Schmidt & Bender Modular Sniper Display. The Rapid Engagement Module. The Computational Weapon Optic was another good one. The IBEAM was another good one. I can't remember the name now, but I handled one when working some some IDF SF guys that had a wireless control on the trigger that was able to do IFF and could calculate for moving targets but also hold your shots until you were properly on target. Really fun. Needless to say if you look you will find more than a dozen of them, and more than half of which civilians could purchase.

Revic Gen2? does that mean new series of ballistic scopes like PMRs?
I own Revic moa, mil versions and really like them. ive used them for PRS, varmint hunting.
something similar but lighter, more compact for other uses would hit spot ( mountain hunting, 22 cal matches,
light varmint rifles like 17 hornet, etc)
I’ve actually used Burris PH clone for some of latter apps, all that’s available in that form factor
it’s validated the use case for me in the field

Check out some of Steiner's gear from about 5 - 6 years ago. M7Xi. Also the Steiner thermal Red Dot from around 7 years ago I think now. Also the L3 Raytheon IBRS. The Kopin Corporation Precision Acquisition and Targeting Systems (PATS). The, nearly 12 year old now I think, Schmidt & Bender Modular Sniper Display. The Rapid Engagement Module. The Computational Weapon Optic was another good one. The IBEAM was another good one. I can't remember the name now, but I handled one when working some some IDF SF guys that had a wireless control on the trigger that was able to do IFF and could calculate for moving targets but also hold your shots until you were properly on target. Really fun. Needless to say if you look you will find more than a dozen of them, and more than half of which civilians could purchase.
Hey doc, haven’t seen your name here for a while, hope you are well. Thanks for the info. IFS seems to do well for Steiner but Schmidt’s version seems to have all but disappeared, never seen a scope or heard of anyone with one.

OP, the Revic was/is a great concept but glass was a bit lacking in G1 I understand. If they’re able to get some of the new Japanese glass like we see in the Vortex Gen3, it could really re-awaken interest. Maybe some new reticles, a lot of flak with the landing strips in the mil version. When Revic first came to market it was only moa which hindered adoption IMHO, took them a while to get a mil version and by then the excitement had already worn off some. If they offer mil from the beginning in G2 version that will definitely drive more interest.

Hey doc, haven’t seen your name here for a while, hope you are well. Thanks for the info. IFS seems to do well for Steiner but Schmidt’s version seems to have all but disappeared, never seen a scope or heard of anyone with one.

OP, the Revic was/is a great concept but glass was a bit lacking in G1 I understand. If they’re able to get some of the new Japanese glass like we see in the Vortex Gen3, it could really re-awaken interest. Maybe some new reticles, a lot of flak with the landing strips in the mil version. When Revic first came to market it was only moa which hindered adoption IMHO, took them a while to get a mil version and by then the excitement had already worn off some. If they offer mil from the beginning in G2 version that will definitely drive more interest.

Good things come to those who wait.

Yes. This x1000. With quality optics and designed so clip ons don’t obstruct it

Gen 2 product should be out this fall.

Also, with Revic Electronics, we pioneered the over the air update in sport optics. We send out updated firmware with the latest and greatest features, regularly. Keeps you from the "lock-in" of electronics without update feature.
Looking forward to Gen 2 Revic PMR.

Last edited:
I owned, used several scopes with internal LRFs. They worked well with large targets, but the target holdover indicator (LED strip) obscured small targets at longer ranges. I sold those and shifted to Revic MOA, Mil versions, which track the turrets and display dialed RANGE in an internal HUD. There is an additional benefit should your batteries fail in field, you Simply dial your dope using mechanical turrets.
I have had batteries die, and while it’s easy to replace them having mech backups is good. I had that happen at a local match, and had dope card in pocket JIC.
I personally would rather have LRF separate from smart scope. I have option of using standalone LRF, my Leica RF binocs or my mounted Radius LRF.