• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing A pair of Ground hog kills

mwroseberry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2009
urbana, ohio
First was taken by my brother (another 7mm-08) at 200 yards stationary:

headshotat200.jpg

My little hog I hit at 300 was on the run (because I missed my first shot at it) but I still ear holed it, LITERALLY, while on the run, and the back side of it's grape is missing.

earholeat300ontherun.jpg

Good Luck,
Merritt

Re: A pair of Ground hog kills

That's great, good shooting. I used to live out in PA and could shoot them by the dozen. Miss that, not so many hogs in OK where I am now. Never get tired of seeing the pink mist! Nice stick by the way.

Thanks, and ground hog killing is a requirement around here. Quickest way for our horses or cows to be put down is a broken leg because of a ground hog hole. We kill as many as we can.

Good luck,
Merritt

Amen to that. I also lived on a cattle ranch out there and you are right. Killed everyone I saw. I knew where all their holes were so I would set up and shoot multiple hogs from a single position. 18 confirmed kills was my best day.

I miss chasing those rodents.....It is the closest thing to catfishing you can find without the water.

Man id like to do some ground hog shooting.