• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing A Productive Saturday Afternoon

G

Went out with a buddy for some groundhogging.
He was missing every damned thing he shot at.
He's usually better than that, despite being handicapped with a TC.

I went 3 for 3 on the gorundhogs.
This one was at a touch over 200, I shot the only thing he showed me
wink.gif

gh053009.jpg

Later, we're camping in a big pig that we saw run out of the beans before we could get a rifle out the window.
It's my buddy's turn again, so he's setup on the bag across the toolbox.

We're both watching for groundhogs when along comes this little prize.
The lucky shit didn't miss this time.
You're looking at $75 bounty from the county.
Beer money!

yote053009.jpg

Re: A Productive Saturday Afternoon

She was hit just behind the shoulder and up high.
Everything from the bullet hole back was out of commission, but everything forward was very much functional.

We walked over and he took his rifle with him.
She was raising her head up and snapping at us.

He said, "I really don't want to shoot her again".
I said, "OK, I'll hold your rifle and you grab her."

POW - back of the head.

Which county were you hunting in?

A couple of friends and myself went out yesterday and we got 10 Groundhogs between the three of us.

One of my Buds got a two-fer (two with one shot).

The farthest shot was just over 500 yards. He was shooting his Bat action in a 22X47 Lapua. 75 gr Amax @ 3300 or 3400 fps, I can't remember.

To date my furthest kill was @ 508 yards with my Rem 700 in 223. 55 gr Blitzking @ 3300 fps.

We are hunting near Radford.
I have only seen one Coyote this year.

Nice job on the coyote. How do you collect the bounty? Do you have to take the whole dog or ears or Tail?? I wish there was a bounty on them here. I could buy few bullits or something.

He's taking the whole thing in, in case they want to send it to a lab or anything like that.
If they don't need the whole thing they'll cut the tail off and destroy the rest.

The best I knew of was 25 bucks a head..75!! Hell I might move down there for that! My friend dumped a 45 pound male early last night with my 243 wssm on the move. It was coming in to check out the remains of the ground hogger he got two days prior stuck it right in the neck

Dennis,
I answered your PM, but will respond here as well.
Sorry I missed the question earlier.
We're in Mecklenburg County.
I think other counties in VA also offer bounties.
There may be a set amount limit that they pay out in total bounties each year.
I don't know that much about it.
I shot one a couple of years back, but it was getting dark and he went in the woods squalling. I didn't pursue him.
This is the first one we've laid hands on, but there are getting to be quite a few in certain areas of the county.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's taking the whole thing in, in case they want to send it to a lab or anything like that.
If they don't need the whole thing they'll cut the tail off and destroy the rest. </div></div>

I just heard this morning that they're cutting out the tongues now, not the tails.
I guess they don't want them telling the others.
smirk.gif