• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes A question for all you CQBSS Owners!

BWYoda

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2009
NC/Baghdad
I have a question regarding the lack of parallax adjustment on these. I'm having a hard time understanding why Leupold didn't incorporate this (given the price tag). The scope seems just about perfect in every other way and needless to say I'm on the fence here about whether to drop some cash on one for my .308 gas gun. I just don't see how you can wring all the accuracy potential out of a variable power scope without it. Lastly, thoughts on the CMR-W 7.62 vs. H27D reticle for a DMR application? Thanks guys!

Quick answer, it's not necessary for parallax adjustments at that power range and intended purpose. It's a minute of man scope. The 1.1x may also have something to do with it as I don't know of a single one that does have parallax adjustments.

The Unertl 10x didn't have parallax adjustment on it other than setting it at 300yds when we would focus and zero them. We shot just fine with those as well.

I have the M-TMR reticle in mine. It works great and at 8x is very usable for half decent precision, while 1.1x is faster than iron sights at close distances. Going back, I wish I had the better flash dot style illumination in it like the H37 does, but I'd rather get kicked in the nuts than give Horus a wooden nickel. That's just me though...

Like mentioned above, it's the magnification and intended use. Adding parallax would have also added weight, taking away from its intended use. I have the H27 version, and can be quite precise with the reticle, much more so than the TMR version. Parallax (or lack of adjustment) has not been found to give me any issues. I am using mine with 5.56.

Good info gents - many thanks. My experience has been limited so far to higher magnification optics hence the question. I guess my only choice now is whether to opt for the CMR-W or the Horus.

Very Informative. Thanks Mike. Good to know about the daytime illumination issue with the TMR also.