• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

a question for the mods

jcwarrior87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Selah, Wa
Just out of wonder, why don't we have a which _______ rifle is the best for me, sticky here in the rimfire area. I watch the rimfire threads religiously and it seems about every 3 or 4 weeks some one is asking which 22lr or 17 hmr or some other rimrife is the best. I wonder if a sticky of previous threads would be helpful for those looking for these answers?

Re: a question for the mods

i tried keeping something together, but a sticky would hopefully stop alot of repeat posts only a few days apart. would be nice to have a sticky or two to take care of the basics:

newbies and search function

EASIER TO FIND STUFF - sniper's hide google search

starting a trainer

basic newbie questions about rifle selection

1st rimfire build up

22 scope+ mounts+rings threads

22 ammo threads

22 rifle accessories

there's a ton more, but it's getting harder to keep them pooled together. you can P.M. one of the moderators listed at the bottom of the forum with your suggestion, i know it has some creedence.

that is just the stuff i am talking about, the only other thing i would add to it is best:

22lr fifle
22 mag rifle
17 mach 2 rifle
17 hmr rifle

barrel for my 10/22
Stock for my 22 lr

Just seems like I see A LOT of them maybe a newbies section in the rimfire section that has a list of all these things so they can read there first before adding ANOTHER of the same post to the rimfire section?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcwarrior87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just out of wonder, why don't we have a which _______ rifle is the best for me, sticky here in the rimfire area. I watch the rimfire threads religiously and it seems about every 3 or 4 weeks some one is asking which 22lr or 17 hmr or some other rimrife is the best. I wonder if a sticky of previous threads would be helpful for those looking for these answers? </div></div>

You could sticky all this info and you will still see the same questions being asked by the masses. This is the deal with an open forum and will continue indefinitely. Just a part of life now, unfortunately.

i want a fifle, which is best for me? lol, you know im fairly new here, but i see how you can get tired of the same questions. there are at least three maybe five threads about which rifle was best for long range shooting going. i have been reading them as some savage info was in them. then just tonight a self-professed newb came into the shoutbox and wanted someone to chat 1on1 with him via IM to discuss which rifle he should use to start long range shooting. people ask questions and i sometimes pop it into yahoo search and post the answer or the search returns. how hard is it to do that? how lazy are they not to just do it themselves? but i admit i have posted a question only to realize i should have just done the search myself, did that and then found my answer. just tonight there was another how do i cut the foam in my case question. kinda sad statement of how things have become