• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A question for the Vortex dealers

Bridgebuilder34

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2021
CA
My go to ffl is a vortex dealer. They said they can get me a Razor HD gen 2 E 1-6x24 MOA for $1399.00. My question is what do dealers get this optic for? I’d like to know the market up they put on.

I understand I can get this scope on the market place cheaper. I’m looking to downsize my collection but finish off the guns I’m going to keep. I’d rather trade straight across the table then deal with selling a gun off and buying a optic with the money.

• Haha
Reactions: Tx_Aggie
What’s the difference what they make? It’s what your willing to pay

Check around to see if it’s a good deal. Or buy something from px here

What’s your plan once you have that info?

My question is what do dealers get this optic for? I’d like to know the market up they put on.

I’m looking to downsize my collection but finish off the guns I’m going to keep. I’d rather trade straight across the table then deal with selling a gun off and buying a optic with the money.
And if you find a good deal, don't post it up publicly. If you do, you'll probably get the distributor fired from the product line. Manufacturers do not take kindly to distributors offering deep discounts.

Your distributor is doing you a favor by giving you a discount. Return the favor by keeping clam.

And if you find a good deal, don't post it up publicly. If you do, you'll probably get the distributor fired from the product line. Manufacturers do not take kindly to distributors offering deep discounts.

Your distributor is doing you a favor by giving you a discount. Return the favor by keeping clam.
I’m not naming my ffl.

Another ffl let me scroll through they’re distributors catalog and see pricing on guns.

That's their call, but I'm not even sure that would be accurate. The FFLs I know get different pricing all the time. The Distributor runs specials or wants to move inventory at various times, so they offer discounts. Sometimes on single guns, or a discount if they buy 5 of them.

My go to ffl is a vortex dealer. They said they can get me a Razor HD gen 2 E 1-6x24 MOA for $1399.00. My question is what do dealers get this optic for? I’d like to know the market up they put on.

I understand I can get this scope on the market place cheaper. I’m looking to downsize my collection but finish off the guns I’m going to keep. I’d rather trade straight across the table then deal with selling a gun off and buying a optic with the money.

We sign agreements that do not allow us to disclose such information...

Being all like, "I want to know what they are paying" is just going to make you come off as a person nobody wants to do business with.

What I'd suggest is call up Scott at Liberty Optics and ask him what he can get you one for.

Then check that against what your dealer offers.

Keep in mind that being able to get it locally and just do a straight trade rather than having to sell something ship it, get the money go buy what you want have it shipped in, can be worth a fair bit of money depending on how you value your time. That being said, you might get better actually selling your gun yourself rather than trade if you don't mind the hassle.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Also keep in mind all the overhead, insurance, licensing, payroll, taxes, mortgage/rent, equipment etc a business has to pay.
Plus many vendors want you to commit to hundreds of thousands or over a million in inventory yearly.

Everyone wants dealers pricing but nobody wants to be a dealer lol