• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A.R.M.S. #22 - No Longer In Production(?) Outta Bizz(?) Mil Contract Only(?)

GS455

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2013
Nashville
Looking for a set of low #22s. A.R.M.S.® #22™ Throw Lever® Rings (Low) NSN 1240-01-569-6707 > ARMS

I have some 1" inserts and would be fine with used but I'd like to buy a couple pair. Can't find em anywhere. I sent a message to ARMS on their web-sight asking if they're disco'd or just out of stock, seeking ETA. That was days ago. No answer. I'd settle for the MkII versions but prefer the originals AND they don't even list the MkII (in Low) on their web-sight anymore.

In fact nothing with any kind of throw-lever shows in stock on their web-sight and 90% of anything I spot check is out of stock.

Going outta business? Or is someone gonna say they are all tied up wi military contract eating their supply (yawn).

I love the ARMS throw rings an have pretty much standardized on them. Anything else out there with equal performance/height options?

They come up for sale from time to time on the hide. I think they are substandard rings. I had a set that would absolutely not hold 0. Had another set that would come loose from the base to the rings..... Having said that I have a set of highs NLS coming in that I just bought off the Hide.

They come up for sale from time to time on the hide. I think they are substandard rings. I had a set that would absolutely not hold 0. Had another set that would come loose from the base to the rings..... Having said that I have a set of highs NLS coming in that I just bought off the Hide.
What are "highs NLS" ?

Non Lever Stop. They stopped making them years back. But are highly sought after from dumb ass cloners. Secondary market value is 250-300 if you find some.

Non Lever Stop. They stopped making them years back. But are highly sought after from dumb ass cloners. Secondary market value is 250-300 if you find some.
ARMS Non Lever Stop?

What does that mean? The lever doesn't stop at 90 degrees from locked? Why would those be desirable? For cloning what? They kinda look the same from what I could find via Google search

Because that is what came on the MK12s. Then they stopped making them. Rarity=desirable and they are "clone" correct. Cloners do stupid shit and they value stupid intrinsic things like that when building a whatever. Long time ago, I was selling a set of Badger M40 rings. Some dude asked me if they were 4 or 5 digit rings, since Badger serializes all their rings. It was a 5 digit ring. He only wanted 4 digit rings.

• Haha
Reactions: GhostFace
There's a guy that machines the stops off and finishes them.
IMG-20230228-160718-357.webp

IMG-20230228-160718-407.webp

Cloners do weird stuff...like that...take crappy rings and have them turned into still crappy earlier versions of themselves so they can say it's "clone" correct. Usually the closest their Mk12's got to the "sandbox" was their kid's turtle sandbox in the backyard.

Well I'm pretty clueless as to common acronyms and abbreviations y'all are acustomed to. I had to search what a Mk12 is :

I can appreciate a good clone or repro. ARs are not my thing although I really dig my Rock River EO in .308 (dont hear much about em nowadays). I've got three flavors of ARs but I really only bring them out when newbs are about. My clones are are older combloc steel n wood i.e. Serb Civil War M48 "sniper", 59/66 DMR, M76, SVT40 Sniper, PUSniper, etc.

So why is everyone so down on ARMS ?

I thought they had military contracts for years, etc. I cannot recall a single set of mine losing zero between range trips, although tough to know for sure if/when alternating between different ammo

I backordered mine on Brownells and got them like a year later, lol. I'd forgotten I had even ordered them. I don't even use them now, I use a 34mm Warne Skyline and use an FDN 17x on top of my MK12.

There are better options in 2024.

Reactions: GhostFace
Thanks all. Can't justify the cost of Larue (although, yes, apparently the best). Picked up a last set from US Tactical Supply and another from a forum member elsewhere. I'm GTG for now.

Thanks all. Can't justify the cost of Larue (although, yes, apparently the best).
Hmmmmm…the best quick release rings or the best regular rings?

Around these parts, Larue just isn’t mentioned much.

Hmmmmm…the best quick release rings or the best regular rings?

Around these parts, Larue just isn’t mentioned much.
I posted this question/topic at a few places wonder where to find or why I can't find ARMS #22 throw rings anywhere. Many mentioned Larue as the "best" as an alternative (and seem to poo-poo ARMS) . Maybe not so "around these parts" (???)

I posted this question/topic at a few places wonder where to find or why I can't find ARMS #22 throw rings anywhere. Many mentioned Larue as the "best" as an alternative (and seem to poo-poo ARMS) . Maybe not so "around these parts" (???)
It seems Larue’s reputation is not great on Sniper’s Hide, but I’m agnostic as I’ve never had any of their stuff (as far as I remember; certainly not their rings). Just relying the general Hide vibe, that’s all.

American Rifle Company’s (ARC) discontinued M10 rings and current M-Brace rings are held in high regard (personal experience too, easiest rings to use ever), as are Badger, Seekins, Near Manufacturing, Hawkins, and Nightforce. I hear Area419 makes a nice pair too.

Spuhr are nice (& spendy), but it seems lately they’ve had some bad aluminum or bad prep as there are a number of recent reports of cracking.

If you need QR rings, the specialty manufacturer with the weird name Bobro is reportedly the best for return to zero. I’d double-check this info, however as I have read only one test on them and have no personal experience.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten some good brands.

Whatever you do, don’t buy any rings that close vertically (vs. the typical horizontal). This does NOT include the ARC rings as they are not true vertical rings. Frank, this site’s owner, noticed many of his students that used true vertical rings had scope tracking issues that were fixed when the rings were swapped out to the typical horizontal type.

It seems vertical rings tend to squeeze the scope tube in a way that is not friendly to its innards.

Anyway, food for thought.

Oh, forgot about Sportsmatch rings from England. Lots of airgunners use them and springer airguns are tough on scopes (and rings too, I infer). Tougher than centerfire guns are.

I think Roksliders love them, especially direct mounted on the Tikka dovetail, because of the weight savings.

They are inexpensive and seem to work well, at least on my CZ 527’s. Well finished and well-made. Might have to order them from Europe as the one US retailer, Airguns of Arizona, seems to only carry a few models. Not a problem in these days of the internet, however.

No opinion of any QR rings they may or may not make. Too lazy and tired to check, to be honest, and have never read a review on such a pair (if they exist).

I was an ARMS fan back in the day and until my #22 medium rings broke. ARMS said tuff shit, buy another set. I've moved on loooooooong ago. The only thing they make that's worth anything are their BUIS. I still use their iron sights

For a very good set of cheap rings, NF Ultralights. I have several pairs of those throughout the years and they never lose 0, even taken them on and off the rifle. Having a QD setup isn't even a factor anymore for me when selecting rings.

Seekins
Badger
TPS
Nightforce
Sphur
Larue
ARC

Used all of them with great results. Pick a price point and form factor you like and go for it.

Seekins
Badger
TPS
Nightforce
Sphur
Larue
ARC

Used all of them with great results. Pick a price point and form factor you like and go for it.
Great summary for it I'll keep the list for sometime down the road if needed

Damn. Time to check what height my ARMS 22s are. I got them around 2000 because they were QD. I havent had them on anything for a while.

Time to see what I can milk cloners for.

Damn. Time to check what height my ARMS 22s are. I got them around 2000 because they were QD. I havent had them on anything for a while.

Time to see what I can milk cloners for.
As previously stated. Must be non lever stops. Run of the mill ARMS 22 are worthless. If the seller knows what it is, can get 250-300. Some sellers don't know what they are and sell them at or lower than MSRP for them.