• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A special Kydex project

Outsydlooknin75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
DulUth Jawja
So I was in the box the other day and someone asked who made the slimmest Glock and AR mag holster combined. Well I hadnt seen anything that would carry a Glock mag and an AR mag together but it got me thinking andthe ball rolling.

I was at the shop playing with the kydex and came up with this ....
Firepower.jpg

Its named the Firepower rig.

It actually holds a 17 sized mag, and a 30round AR mag nicely.
Firepower2.jpg

Re: A special Kydex project

very cool.... I wonder if the AR mag should be first since I will probably want to run dry of .223 before I hit the 9mm

I love Kydex.. maybe I should start playing with it!

Bravo

So I got the firepower rig from Outsy and it works well, very concealable under a jacket. I put some heat on the ends to bend them more to my body and it holds a 9mm and AR mag perfectly.

Interesting concept...nice work! One question though: shouldn't both mags be oriented with the rounds facing forward for the user, rather than oriented opposing each other?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I got the firepower rig from Outsy and it works well, very concealable under a jacket. I put some heat on the ends to bend them more to my body and it holds a 9mm and AR mag perfectly. </div></div>

Im glad things are going to work for you. Sorry to hear that the ends needed bent a little bit more but that you were able to handle it at home. If anything happens just let me know and I will fix it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arbiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting concept...nice work! One question though: shouldn't both mags be oriented with the rounds facing forward for the user, rather than oriented opposing each other? </div></div>

Thats how the end user wanted them. I kinda agree with the bullets facing rear on the AR mag though. I beer can grab an AR mag and with the bullets rear it comes out of the holster and straight into the gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arbiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting concept...nice work! One question though: shouldn't both mags be oriented with the rounds facing forward for the user, rather than oriented opposing each other? </div></div>

The mag carrier runs midline on the pants for concealment, the Glock mag forward of midline and AR mag behind midline. I use the beer can method on the AR mag grabbing and going straight to the AR magwell, with the mag on the belt. Also I wanted them as close together as possible.
Using a both mags rounds forward approach the space that is between the mags would have to be increased, the curve of the AR mag could get in the way of the efficient removal of the Glock mag.

Maybe im missing something here, are you talking about running conceal carry AR15s AND a PISTOL?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe im missing something here, are you talking about running conceal carry AR15s AND a PISTOL? </div></div>
Well sure, they fit great under the trenchcoat. You DO wear a trenchcoat, don't you?

Doesn't everyone?

wink.gif

Very nice. I have some extra kydex lying around in the garage and am going to try to do the same thing. Thanks for the idea.

thats nice, i just had a clear holster for a glock made. kydex must be easy to work with. lots of guys making good holsters with it. yours looks good and slim.