• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A swinger rifle? One barreld action with two stocks?

Tyler455

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2013
AZ
New guy here. In the middle of build. Can you have one barreled action with two stocks and not seriously affect accuracy? Say, stay within MOA? Ex. 300 wm barreled action with a lightweight EH Manners for hunting and a AI or Accurate Mag chassis for leisure shooting.

I wouldn't see why having two stocks would cause accuracy issues as long as there's a good bedding in both of them and you torque the action to spec. The comfort/feel is going to be different though. Especially is you go from a Manners EH to an AI chassis or other chassis, they're kind of polar opposites. Just my $.02

Cool. My plan is complete. Thanks . Looks like a can have a 15 lbs rifle and then lighten it to 11 for hunting . Best of both worlds.

Get a Wheeler or Borka inch pound torque wrench and torque to the same spec every time, I have a prone stock and a hunting stock for my 308 and it works fine as long as you torque to the same spec every time.

Doing the same thing with my 6.5 SAUM. Presently have it bedded in a Ti stock for use as a lightweight hunting rig, and will be dropping the same barreled action in an A3 with DBM for shooting some comps this season...