• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns A tac vest for carrying a pistol on the front?

346ci

FJB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2010
    NC
    I'm looking at the Banshee tac vest after being told by a few users that it is GTG. Now I'm looking for a pistol holster that can be added to the front of it for a quick draw/comps. What ya'll think?

Thanks

Re: A tac vest for carrying a pistol on the front?

What kind of competition allows one to carry a firearm this way?

I really don't know, just looking for advice on a good setup. It's more for quick acess while hunting as I can't have a loaded rifle on the ground.

Blade Tech makes a holster that mounts to a vest in the front, no competition that I know of allows chest carry of a sidearm, if your prone and are about to be overrun by pigs/deer/bear/zombies/big foots a belt holster would be faster.

A belt would be quicker most of the time. When I'm wrapped up in layers, I can't make a quick draw from the concealed position.

Have you ever head of a drop holster? Food for thought...

Don't confuse it with a "drop leg" holster

The only advantage I see to a holster on your chest is drawing from a vehicle. If your holster is on your chest you will be laying on it when prone, it's likely to get caught on your sling, and it's just not a natural draw position. I'd look into a belt mounted holster with a decent drop as mentioned above.

I hunt deer out of a stand, not prone. If I'm on my chest while hunting, the deer has got the best of me, lol. I've spoke with SB, looks like they offer a holster that fits their vest. I'll check out the drop holsters also.

Thanks

I don't sugguest mounting on the belly or chest. Hip is the best spot IMO. Not your drop leg, which it can slow you down. Belly or chest draw are harder to deploy in prone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zombiekilla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't sugguest mounting on the belly or chest. Hip is the best spot IMO. Not your drop leg, which it can slow you down. Belly or chest draw are harder to deploy in prone.</div></div>

Interesting, with a handle like zombiekilla one would think that a cross draw vest would be the seasons must have, not to mention the only way to pack a burner.
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC mustang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of pistol? </div></div>

Full size M&P

Just get yourself a Blade Tech DOH and be done with it.

I do not recommend a chest rig since your reserve will cover it when you are HAHOing.

j/k

I knew this was mall ninja barfcom shit, lol. It wasn't intended to be that way, trust me.

I'm going to check out a few of the 3 gun setups from some locals and go from there, maybe I can get the right gear for comps/fun shoots and find a better way to tote a pistol while hunting.

Well, depends on which exit you take. If I am jumping the hell hole on a 46, no way I go with a chest rig, WTF are you thinking?!?! But on the Space Shuttle, if I am jumping the ramp with an ARAPS, no issues with a chest rig.

346, not directed at you, just the folks who are taking a simple question and 'over machining' it.

US Palm Defender Series. We sell em at our store and they are pretty sweet. They have a model that accommodates a handgun and 3 mags.

I second on the Blackhawk Serpa holster with mole attachment plate. I have used it for 2 tours in Afghanistan with no problems getting caught on my rifle or any other gear.

It will take a little time to get used to while being prone shooting or drawing the weapon from standing or prone. I'm a southpaw so I have to practice no matter what due to 95% of the mil weapons being for right handers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blade Tech makes a holster that mounts to a vest in the front, no competition that I know of allows chest carry of a sidearm, if your prone and are about to be overrun by pigs/deer/bear/zombies/big foots a belt holster would be faster. </div></div>

That's awesome...