• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A-tips

I’m yet to try any of these out myself. BC‘s are impressive!

Buddy of mine tried some factory loadings in .375CT but was having other issues that day so no good data on those.

Brings me back to my 50 BMG 750g AMAX days.

Makes me want to go back to the Big Horn mountains. I have a place I can shoot 2500+ yds up a slope with 1/2 inch high grass all at 8,000 ft. A June trip may be in the works. I need some time in the high country.

Reactions: shoot4fun and AIAW
Makes me want to go back to the Big Horn mountains. I have a place I can shoot 2500+ yds up a slope with 1/2 inch high grass all at 8,000 ft. A June trip may be in the works. I need some time in the high country.
The Big Horn Mountains are one of my favorite places. The beauty of the mountains from a distance is breathtaking but so is being up in them (maybe in a different way). At over 10,000 feet elevation the air is indeed thin!

Nice thin high DA air! Hell, take my ass with you (y)
It's a good time. We fish most mornings for the evening meal. Then shoot Rock Chucks till lunch. Load up and head out to our favorite spots. Then mid afternoon we set up at our ELR spot. Sun is behind us and impacts are easy to see. Chase Rock Chucks around for awhile at distance. We know exactly when to fold up and get back to camp, start fire, start charcoal, fix a drink, watch sunset.
Next day repeat.

The most impressive part about that is the half inch high grass! Lol.

Thanks for the heads up, Dave.

It's a good time. We fish most mornings for the evening meal. Then shoot Rock Chucks till lunch. Load up and head out to our favorite spots. Then mid afternoon we set up at our ELR spot. Sun is behind us and impacts are easy to see. Chase Rock Chucks around for awhile at distance. We know exactly when to fold up and get back to camp, start fire, start charcoal, fix a drink, watch sunset.
Next day repeat.

Damn, that sounds nice perfect!

I ran the 135s for a bit, still running the 110s in wife's 6mm. Also tested the 153s. They shoot, but the difference is minimal between them and running a Berger BT or Hybrid. Not worth the extra $ in my opinion. Biggest gain was in 6mm running the 110 at 3100fps, gained 7min at a mile, the rest were only 2-3 min. At an extra $20-$25 per 100, no thanks.

Reactions: shoot4fun
I ran the 135s for a bit, still running the 110s in wife's 6mm. Also tested the 153s. They shoot, but the difference is minimal between them and running a Berger BT or Hybrid. Not worth the extra $ in my opinion. Biggest gain was in 6mm running the 110 at 3100fps, gained 7min at a mile, the rest were only 2-3 min. At an extra $20-$25 per 100, no thanks.
When my shooting buddy said we needed some just to see how they were my reply was "that could be dangerous".
The 153 is where most of my experience lies with the A-tip and that in the 6.5PRC. I wasn't shooting the top node with 140's and saw, from the Hornady data, that I could stay very close to my original powder charge with the 153. I'm happy/sad that they shoot much more accurately then any 140 I tried and especially true at the 1,000 yard mark.
I do have a 7 twist Hawk Hill in 6 Dasher and will definitely try out the 110 Atip soon.