• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A-Tips

Can't wait. Just starting a new build and looking at the 375s and 416s. I really would like to know what the prices will be.

Can't wait. Just starting a new build and looking at the 375s and 416s. I really would like to know what the prices will be.

416 @ 1.52 midwayusa
375 @ 1.52
338 @ 1.02

Definitely gonna be interesting if these perform well in the 375 and 416 calibers.

Last edited:
There's always going to be the next best thing...having said that...

Is this being used in .308 commercial loads? :)

By any chance, does anyone know the length of the 375s? I doubt it because they are so new but figured I would ask.

They haven't even finalized the 375 or 416 yet so even the weights may change slightly. I love Hornady bullets but this seems to be pre SHOT hype, stirring the industry to get as much excitement as possible

One cool thing to note with the Hornady doing radar testing there isn’t a lot of lies around the published G1 spec. I plugged in some values for the 250gr A-tip in the 4dof program, set everything equal and used the published G1 in FFS, the two programs lined up at 2200yards within 0.6moa of each other. I can push the 230 at 3200fps from my Norma improved, this should be a fun deal. I need to finalize a load and see where it rings out. They did shoot a 1” group with an 8 grain spread in powder charge for a quick ladder to see where they pressure up at.

Last edited:
Trying to decide on twist rate for a 375 EnABELR and I’ll want to shoot these and 350-400gr solids. Any thoughts on twist that can handle both?

I am running a 32in 1-7 shooting 400gr solids. I am not sure if the 375 cal Atips will be able to handle the twist rate. May split a box with a friend to find out.

Reactions: hypertex
I am running a 32in 1-7 shooting 400gr solids. I am not sure if the 375 cal Atips will be able to handle the twist rate. May split a box with a friend to find out.
The minimum twist isn’t listed for the 375s. But, the minimum twist for the 250gn 308 cal is 8.5.
so, I’m confident the 375s will be fine in my 7.5 twist.
I can’t wait. It’s gonna be Stella got her splash back!
Cheers

Reactions: hypertex
Has anyone heard anything on these yet?

Midway is showing they are Overdue but I'm sure they just do that to keep the pre-orders filled up so they ship as soon as they get in.

Midway is showing them in stock at the moment....ships tomorrow. If you plan on getting 1000...you better hurry...only 3 in stock :) For the 250gr A-Tip.

Midway is showing them in stock at the moment....ships tomorrow. If you plan on getting 1000...you better hurry...only 3 in stock :) For the 250gr A-Tip.

I've been shooting those for a couple months now. Great bullet. I was referring to the new offerings. 375cal 390gr in particular.

Anyone shooting the 250 A-tips in a 300 RUM?
(Added...or how about the 230 A-tips in a 300 RUM?)
Powder? N570?
Velocity/barrel length/twist?
Thanks

Last edited: