• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A tribute to a great man and friend!

Snipe260

Fisterateor
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    I lost a long time friend couple weeks ago! His name was D hoyle Eaton . We had many good times training dogs and hunting together. He was a true southern gentleman that I was fortunate to know. He was a hall of fame bird dog trainer that had several dogs who made the hall of fame as well. You will be missed Mr hoyle and until we meet again, I know you will be working those great dogs in the Golden fields!
    8A3F0201-EB16-45EF-A312-9F8B5E7DA69A.png

Sorry to hear of the loss. I am pretty sure my Dad knew him. He did some English Pointer field trialing back in the day and I remember him talking about “Hoyle’s dogs”. They would have been about the same age. God bless them both!

Thanks guys! He was a special friend and person! Lots of good times and memories of him!

The dog in the pic was his last champion “ sir lance a lot “. I owned the dad to him. When he was a pup, he pointed a covey in edge of thickest stuff you can imagine. Mr hoyle handed me a single barrel 20 gauge and told me that sir needed a bird killed for him and to not miss, lol. There was one tiny opening in the thicket that bird tried to escape. I got em! That was first bird ever killed for that dog! Great memory!