• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Useful Range Day

Flatbush Harry

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2011
Colorado
I'm sure that many of you, like me, like to tinker with loads for your precision rifles. While I have had several useful loads for my Rem 7005R and Rem 700 SPS-V using a variety of 168gr match bullets, I've not yet found a useful load for 175gr MatchKings...until the other day. To make a longer story short the target below was a 5-shot group using my 5R with 42.2 gr of IMR4064, CCI BR2 primers and Lapua (1x) brass. As this was my first rifle session in 3 months since I had cataract surgery on each eye, I had one of the ROs spotting for me. The first 4 shots at 100 yards were touching and measured 0.25", the 5th opened it up to 0.5". Needless to say, I'm a happy camper. Tomorrow, I'll bring my SPS-V to the range and see how this mix works for that rifle. My next experiment involves 190gr SMKs as 2014 will extend my ranges and activities a bit.

FH