• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A weird thing happened to my NRL22 rifle

Nemsis

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2017
So I have a Begara B14R with a 30 MOA base and a Vortex Strike Eagle mounted. I’m zeroed at 50yds and I still have 6.3 MILs I can dial down. I would like to get out as far as I can so I decide to get a Bobro 20 MOA scope mount which should take up another 5.8 MILs. When I tried to zero I dialed all the way down and I was still 5.3 MILs above my crosshairs. I can’t figure out what happened 🤷‍♂️

Any ideas?

You added a ton of height over bore to your setup. There is a reason a scope should be mounted as close to the bore as possible.

Is the scope mount pointed in the correct direction? You could have made your scope base 10 moa instead of 50 moa...

I've have my Arken SH4 mounted on my Bergara BMR, and I can shoot out to 200 meters without dialing elevation...this is why reticles come in handy.

Last edited:
Scope is 1/16” to 1/8” lower than it was in the rings

Everything is mounted correctly it was supposed to be 50 MOA but it’s actually closer to 70 MOA. I basically have a 200yd zero with the scope bottomed out so I can easily get out to 600 now but I can’t shoot matches like this.

I’m trying to get out to 600yds which is 34 MILs

Try a 40moa base and 0moa rings. Dont want to completely bottom it out or you are looking through the edge of the glass. Don’t think you are going to be able to dial 34mils regardless. With a 40moa base and a SE I would think you could dial somewhere around 450 then maybe hold the rest to 600y.

Reactions: obx22
Yeah I can easily go back to my old rings but I’m trying to figure out what went wrong here.

I’ve never stacked an MOA scope mount on top of an MOA base before and according to the math it was supposed to work but it didn’t and I can’t figure out what went wrong.

The only thing I can think of is the Bobro mount being extended forward compounds the angles

1640317366415.jpeg
1640317366415.jpeg

So I have a Begara B14R with a 30 MOA base and a Vortex Strike Eagle mounted. I’m zeroed at 50yds and I still have 6.3 MILs I can dial down. I would like to get out as far as I can so I decide to get a Bobro 20 MOA scope mount which should take up another 5.8 MILs. When I tried to zero I dialed all the way down and I was still 5.3 MILs above my crosshairs. I can’t figure out what happened 🤷‍♂️

Any ideas?
Get a set of Burris XTR Signature rings. On my B14R, I have a 20 MOA base and 40 Moa with inserts. I am 1 Mil from bottom with a 50 yds zero. I can dial to 500 yds.
Mark

Reactions: Emerson0311
Get a set of Burris XTR Signature rings. On my B14R, I have a 20 MOA base and 40 Moa with inserts. I am 1 Mil from bottom with a 50 yds zero. I can dial to 500 yds.
Mark
This. I use a 20 or 30 MOA base and XTR rings in my long range 22s. I forget exactly how much I’ve got in the ring inserts on my 20MOA base that my SE is in, but I’m about 4.5 mils off the bottom with a 50yd zero. I’ve found that once you start stacking canted bases and rings, along with guessing how much travel you need with a particular scope to get zeroed, it’s hard to know exactly where you end up without some range testing.

I have a set of the Burris XTR rings on my Christensen Arms Ranger 22. They’re kind of a pain in the ass to get the scope centered and the reticle leveled. But I do remember in the instructions that the spacing of the rings will change the amount of MOA the inserts will give you. That’s what I think is going on here the forward cantilever of this Bobro mount is giving me more MOA. I’m going to try a couple things at the range this weekend and see what happens.

Merry Christmas everyone 🎁

Reactions: Emerson0311
I have a set of the Burris XTR rings on my Christensen Arms Ranger 22. They’re kind of a pain in the ass to get the scope centered and the reticle leveled. But I do remember in the instructions that the spacing of the rings will change the amount of MOA the inserts will give you. That’s what I think is going on here the forward cantilever of this Bobro mount is giving me more MOA. I’m going to try a couple things at the range this weekend and see what happens.

Merry Christmas everyone 🎁
Yes, the spacing can change things for sure.