• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A word about GA Precision's service.....

Am180man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2008
Missouri
UNBELIEVABLE! OUTSTANDING! PHENOMENAL!

O.K., that was 3. I sent the bolt out of my FN/SPR to have the Badger Ordnance Tactical handle installed. Cary said it would be about a week.

I fedexed it up on Tuesday, got there Wednesday, and back to me TODAY! I've NEVER experienced service like this. I'm planning on sending the entire rifle up there after the O.F.A.S.T. shoot next month for CDI Precision bottom metal installation and bedding. I guess a same day turnaround would hoping for a little too much! :)

Looking forward to seeing the job they do on the rifle. Now if the form 3 clears on the Elite Iron Bravo .30 can before the shoot, I'll be stoked!
Steve

Re: A word about GA Precision's service.....

Patience man....patience! I don't have the rifle back together yet! Sent the action to Elite for threading and suppressor timing.
Steve

sounds like they did what you paid them to do, as would any quality smith. Am i missing something here?? Lee

I think the point Am180man is trying to make is that even though he was quoted one week for GAP to do the job (shipping time not included?!), it ended up taking only three days, shipping time included. Given GAP's lead times right now, even if this is not that big a job it is still note-worthy to mention the quick turnaround. If that job was done well that is even better...

What is the deal with members these past couple of weeks? Can't seem to post either good news or bad around here without people jumping all over you lately...

Am180man, if you got pics of the finished product I would like to check it out! Thanks in advance.

One of the reasons I liked this forum was that it was non-hostile (unlike AR15.com)

I guess we are changing the environment for the worst
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickcis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the reasons I liked this forum was that it was non-hostile (unlike AR15.com)
</div></div>

+1, that's the main reason i stopped viewing and posting there. Very hard for a newbie to "break" into that "fraternity", and questions tend to be taken as more of a nuisance.

Some people are just so miserable, they have to be condescending to make themselves feel better.

Apologies to Am180man for leading this post astray...
laugh.gif

Just a thought, but maybe you (Am180man) can send the rifle to CDI to have them install their bottom metal, may be a quicker turnaround. But I understand if you want bedding done at the same time then GAP may be a better option, that is unless CDI can take care of that for you as well.

No sweat SoCal on the post. Another reason for sending it to George is to have the metal ceracoted and he's fairly closer than CDI is. Now I have to find some rings so I can get the optics mounted.
Steve