• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A10 platform into 762x39,how can i do it

ftrooper

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2022
silver city new mex
im an old vet era e/w german border gaurd and for years i hunted with an ak,in my home state of wis and yes im a cheese head. ive been looking at muntant ar15 to 762 but shaving the bolt dont sound good to me. is there any possible way to use an a10 platform and a great machinest to make my dream 18 in barreled frankenblaster to reach out and touch an antalope,yet nimble enugh to go thru thick pines with iron sites. if anyone has a recipe for that one please help

I have shot thousands of rounds (nice brass and mil surp steel) through a AR-15 chambered in 7.62x39 and never had any issues. Theoretically it could be done but would cost you a lot for a custom barrel, custom bolt, and custom mags. It would also be much heavier.

im an old vet era e/w german border gaurd and for years i hunted with an ak,in my home state of wis and yes im a cheese head. ive been looking at muntant ar15 to 762 but shaving the bolt dont sound good to me. is there any possible way to use an a10 platform and a great machinest to make my dream 18 in barreled frankenblaster to reach out and touch an antalope,yet nimble enugh to go thru thick pines with iron sites. if anyone has a recipe for that one please help

So you are thinking about hunting with a 7.62X39 AR?

While 7.62x39 AR's are a thing, I think there may be better solutions available in the same price range as the mutant. I would take a look at the following

Ruger SFAR, similar base weight and price range but in 308, better selection of hunting ammo and reliable mags.
or
Aero Precision, 16 inch, 300 BLK upper, similar ballistics to the 7.62x39, but uses stardard bolts and mags. only down side is ammo price compared to 308 or 556

Reactions: Sigmanx
I have shot thousands of rounds (nice brass and mil surp steel) through a AR-15 chambered in 7.62x39 and never had any issues. Theoretically it could be done but would cost you a lot for a custom barrel, custom bolt, and custom mags. It would also be much heavier.
this

just buy a bca x39 upper and mate to a lower and be done and x39 is great for hunting deer, pigs and the like

I think you’re better off going with an AR15. Like the Hebrew hammer said, it’s going to cost you way too much to go with AR10.

IiZiLLn.jpg

tjhhQTp.jpg

zxhYrhF.jpg

rQXJEBG.jpg

Take a look at the CZ bren 2 in 7.62x39. It doesn't use an opened up 223 bolt, it's a legit x39 bolt and the proprietary mags work much more reliably than anything you'll find out of an ar15/ar10 lower.

Realistically, a .300 BLK shooting hot supersonic ammo is going to give you just about everything you wanted from as AR platform in 7.62x39 unless you are trying to shoot some specialty Soviet ammo.

Reactions: Thorbeast
Realistically, a .300 BLK shooting hot supersonic ammo is going to give you just about everything you wanted from as AR platform in 7.62x39 unless you are trying to shoot some specialty Soviet ammo.
I'd also add... cheap steel case ammo isn't a thing anymore. I purchased my bren 2 with the intent of shooting cheap steel case, that plan hasn't worked out. Not much of a reason to get a x39 anymore (unless you are already invested in mags and ammo).

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I'd also add... cheap steel case ammo isn't a thing anymore. I purchased my bren 2 with the intent of shooting cheap steel case, that plan hasn't worked out. Not much of a reason to get a x39 anymore (unless you are already invested in mags and ammo).

Yep, cheap surplus ammo is no longer a thing & that was originally one of the big selling points of that round.

With the .300 BLK you can make use of the tons of once fired .223 brass you find around to load yourself a hot supersonic .300 BLK and have fun.

It's possible. The biggest issue is the mag. It will need to be custom made, or at least take a metal mag and heavily modify. AN AR15 would be just a bolt, mag, and barrel swap. We make them and have regular SAAMI reamer and a x39 that uses a .308 groove. If your a reloader the .308 allows greater bullet choice.

plenty of cheap x39 to be had, I just scored 2k for 680 delivered which considerably cheaper than 5.56
300blk offers nothing in performance that is material vs the additional cost
asc mags have been 100% reliable for me through 20k or so rounds through 2 rifles
agree on bolt of the bren and that is truly the weakspot for AR x39 platforms but mine went 16k before breaking and 35 dollars to replace

x39 all the way

Reactions: rpoL98