• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A2 carry handle style mount help

josie6637

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2011
Gentalmen,
A co-worker of mine is going down range in a contractor position. He is issued a m16/A2 and once over may upgrade to an m4 but unsure if upgrade will happen as of now. He wants to drop a razor 1-4 on it but I told him with his setup it would be like duct taping it on the gun with the single screw carry handle mounts I've been exposed to.
My question is, does anyone know of a quality mount to get this style scope onto an A2 style gun? I've heard from several sources that "A.R.M.S." mounts are pretty quality but is there anything with multiple locking points,
preferably? Taking into consideration a 10" scope is going on it.
Anyone have any experience with this?

Re: A2 carry handle style mount help

I ran a 2-7 Leupold on an M16 A2 back when a flat top was a hair cut, and I used a Leupold mount with no issues. I did use thread locker on the tightening knob though. It was not a reliable return to zero when the scope was taken on and off. If he is willing to leave it on the rifle he should be okay. Another option if he has not bought a Razor yet is to look at Trijicon, they have a couple scopes that are set up to attach to the carry handle. Last but certainly not least just run the iron sights and see what comes down the pipe when he is actually in country. He may be able to pick up something cheap over there from someone rotating home as another option.

Arms makes scope rings as well as mounting systems. I you arms scope rings with great return to zero results. I use a couple of amrs mounts, one with a mark 4 4.5x15x50 and a acog. The arms scope rings I use are the arms 22 rings if I am correct. They should be more than sufficent for the style of scope he is trying to mount.

I have one of the ARMS old skool A2 mounts. It is G2G for on top of the carry handle mounting. Yes hight over bore is even more radical but the mount is SOLID I just cranked it down with a drop of locktight and left it alone until I broke down the upper for parts.

The ARMS #2 mount is good to go.

When I had my carry handle, I eventually rocked an ACOG. Some ACOGs were designed just for this purpose, they are great glass, bright, and STUPID rugged. He would lose variable power, but a lower power ACOG with both eyes open is very fast.

I've never had an issue with the handle mounted pic rails in the past. Putting a second "lock nut" on after you tighten down the thumb screw really helps keep things tight and secure. I'd buy it now even if he ends up getting an M4 later down the road. No guarantee he will be able get one over there at the PX/BX .... although they did have them available at some of the PX's. He can always sell it on the hide or over on AR15.com. Someone will buy it off him. Plus ..... he'll be getting some fat tax free money over there. He can afford it ..... LOL.