• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A419 Master Funnel kit Issues EDIT

Not seeing the sale ... where are you finding this?
FB. sorry I should have posted link

1713620220395.jpeg

I like mine. I would pay a ton of money for a clear drop tube though.

Ok anyone else having issues with these?

A. The kit doesnt come with a drop tube, which is kind of dumb for a master kit.
B. The opening seems way to small. Every other dump gets stuck in the neck and doesn't settle.
C. Kernels bounce off the hard sides of the funnel and out on the floor. I have never seen this with a funnel before.

After trying 12 cases with this thing, i threw it back in the box and went back to the $5 lyman plastic funnel that has no issues at all. I cant believe I paid 80 bucks for this thing. Anyone having similar issues?

Ok anyone else having issues with these?

A. The kit doesnt come with a drop tube, which is kind of dumb for a master kit.
B. The opening seems way to small. Every other dump gets stuck in the neck and doesn't settle.
C. Kernels bounce off the hard sides of the funnel and out on the floor. I have never seen this with a funnel before.

After trying 12 cases with this thing, i threw it back in the box and went back to the $5 lyman plastic funnel that has no issues at all. I cant believe I paid 80 bucks for this thing. Anyone having similar issues?
Mine is great - granted I bought the extension and all funnels need one in my opinion. I've never had a single kernel go from the funnel to the table.

I've also owned: 21st century (my second favorite), RCBS, MKM Machining kit

I never bothered with the kit, I just bought the funnel, the 3" tube and the tips I needed. I didn't want the extra crap I didn't need.
I've been happy with mine.

-ZA

I actually forgot to order this when you posted it...

I've been using the Hornady funnel kit for a while, which doesn't have the ridges but otherwise shouldn't be too dissimilar. I gently "toss" the powder in the funnel against one side rather than the center, so that it spins around like a toilet flushing. That way all the powder isn't trying to go in at once. Probably won't work for loads near 100% fill though & might make the bouncing issue worse, but worth a shot