• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A5 for Rem 5R

treedoc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Virginia
Searched and couldn't find a similar subject, sorry if it's been covered before. What are the correct specs for a McM A5 to fit a Rem 5R in .308? Looking for the A5 and want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks.

treedoc

Re: A5 for Rem 5R

Factory barrel contour is Remington Varmint with factory BDL bottom metal. This gentleman is a SH sponsor vendor and usually has some in stock without the 6+ month wait. John is a great guy to deal with.

http://www.jwprecision.ca/

+1 Just got my A5 from McMillan for my 5-R. I love it.

BTW, check your front stock screw when you go to drop your action into the A5. Mine was a bit long and was running into the bolt. You have to take a couple of threads off the end of the screw, or replace it with a screw that is slightly shorter. FYI.

What camo do you guys recommend? Preferably for a variety of uses...desert/forest shooting etc.

The A5 is a great all around stock. I have an A4 on mine though and love it. However, the rifle will probably never see a day in the field hunting.

+1 for JW Precision for getting your stock. I've ordered and recieved two from him and couldn't be happier.

Your specs for a stock 5R would be, Remington 700 short action right-handed, factory recoil lug, BDL bottom metal, Remington varmint barrel channel. Plus any additinal options that you may want.

Camo is a personal preference thing.