• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC 51T Adapters

BDoyle3

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2013
Detroit, MI
Getting a AAC 762-SDN-6, which mounts onto a 51T.

Looking for Pros & Cons to:

- AAC Blackout Muzzle Brake
- AAC Brakeout
- AAC Blackout Flash Hider

Thanks

I like the Brakeout and Blackout Brake for my M4-2000, especially on SBR. From what I've read, the brakes end up taking up the brunt of the muzzle blast, rather than the first baffle of the suppressor. This isn't the case with the Blackout FH since it doesn't have baffle/brake layers like the brakes.

What are you putting it/them on? That can help guide the decision making process.

For short guns either the brakeout or brake. For 16+ inch guns the blackout works fine or you could run either of the others. For 300BLK you could run the blackout as thats what comes on most of the short 300BLK uppers(noveske and AAC). Bolt gun, could go any way you want really, but one of the two brake's is probably a good choice.

I haven't seen any data to prove my theory but I think when shooting a 30 cal can like the SDN-6 on a .223 a brake type mount makes the can quieter than a flash hider type mount. My theory (unproven) is that the brake baffles opened up enough for a .223 strip more gas than a flash hider and redirect it at a right angle to the bore and into the suppressor baffles lessening the sound signature. I would love to know if someone has a 30 cal can, flash hider, muzzle brake and DB meter to put this to the test.

Get ready for the wiggle wiggle! Those mounts really piss me off. My next can will be thread on only or perhaps I try Elite Iron's setup, but I'm done with AAC.

But if you're like me and you already have one or are waiting for one, you'll have to deal with it. There's ways of tightening them up so they don't wiggle.

As for differences between mounts... I have several. First off, the tolerance between mounts seems to be quite different --sometimes the can locks on, sometimes it doesn't, depending on mount.

The Blackout is a GREAT flash hider --it really does cut down on flash almost to nil. Con: it "twangs" when fired without the can. Like a juice harp twang! The Brakeout is actually a decent jack of all trades and no twang. It works about as well as a GI flash hider and works better than some good brakes all combined. But it's not a great brake or a great hider, more like a 40/60 respectively.

I haven't tried the brakes. I understand if you use the brakes on a short barrel, it'll wear the brake baffles prematurely. 14.5 in 5.56 is recommended for shortest?

The SDN-6 can is very quiet, it's very well made and if it had a better mount, it may be the best one on the market for what it does. But those mounts just trash the system IMO.

Works well on 5.56 and 6.5G, but I'm wary of using it on .300BLK and won't use it on a 7.62 rifle --I can see the barrel eclipse, I know I'll get a strike that way.

So there you go, ups and downs. But if you take the time to mod the mount properly, it'll lock up tight and work like a charm. Sad side is you shouldn't have to finish their work for them. They also can be a real pain in the ass over this 51T shit as they know it doesn't work either and don't like dealing with it.

Works well on 5.56 and 6.5G, but I'm wary of using it on .300BLK and won't use it on a 7.62 rifle --I can see the barrel eclipse, I know I'll get a strike that way.

Why the differing opinion between 300BLK and 7.62? Same size projectiles....

Also, within the choice of brake/FH/brakeout - pay attention to the exactly which model you get if you see them in the store. Look closely at the base to see the profile of the rear end of the muzzle device, and seating depth. Some are flush fit to go against the shoulder on a heavy barrel profile; others have a tiny lip to overlay a smaller profile barrel. You can call AAC, assuming you eventually reach a human they can explain the difference in the models.

Attachments

• aac_flash_hider_socket_compare_M4-2000.jpg
    aac_flash_hider_socket_compare_M4-2000.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 284