• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC 762-SDN-6 on a 7mm WSM?

Re: AAC 762-SDN-6 on a 7mm WSM?

Depends on barrel length. I know Mers at one point said that a 24" or longer barrel would be fine for a 300WM.

I am pretty sure that you would be fine. I searched over on Silencer Talk and that is where I found them saying that 24" or greater would be fine pressure wise. I don't know how it would sound but I am sure that it would suppress the noise quite a bit.

It does suppress the noise quite a bit, even with supersonic. It works well with 5.56 and damn well with .300BLK, super and sub. I haven't ran it on the Grendel yet nor my 7.62, but unless I'm mistaken, the 5.56 is one of the louder weapons to suppress? Regarding magnums, what I've heard is what is said on here: longer barrels are okay because they burn the powder completely in the barrel. If you have a handload that doesn't, that may cause excess wear. One guy I read about recently, on here I think, said his .300WM with an SDN-6 sounded a lot like a .22. I find the SDN-6 makes 'em all kind of sound like an unsuppressed .22 so far, just with a much louder crack. No boom though. I hear you don't want to run 'em too hot either, but not many people are doing mag dumps with bolt guns.

If you can swing it, I hear using their muzzle brake instead of the flash hider works well to help reduce wear and tear because the muzzle brake has two baffles that will wear first. I've seen pictures of those that were pitted to hell, and I can only imagine that was wear and tear not delivered to the can itself. They wore pretty quick with just several thousand rounds, but the upside is that they say after it wears down a good bit, the wear sort of slows down? Anyway, they are a lot easier and cheaper to replace than getting a can fixed. They are quite popular with SBR's for this reason because they don't burn all the powder, and I hear they work pretty well. I read all this when I was researching the SDN-6 last winter before I bought it.

I don't know how important it would be to use the brake instead of the FH considering the blast baffle and guts are inconel and that is some pretty tough stuff, but with a magnum it may not hurt, you know? I reckon if I were to use my SDN-6 on a magnum, I'd go this route.

I'd also make damn sure it locked up tight; see if you can find a dealer that will let you bring your rifle in and fit your suppressor to a mount that will lock up tight. Some do and some don't, for me it has been about 50/50. Considering you said 7mm, I'm guessing this is a bolt action and you want to preserve as much accuracy and as tight a group as possible. When my SDN-6 is mounted on one of the loose mounts, it does open up the groups.

If you don't have the suppressor yet, I'd recommend getting a thread on for your bolt gun or waiting on the SR-7 or whatever it is called. It has the 90t mounts and you'll be able to use it on other calibres just like the SDN-6. I would have waited, but literally the week or two after I ordered my SDN-6, the SR-7 was on their website. I had no idea a new one was coming out or that there were all these mount problems. But I understand there is a wait on the new ones.

I love my SDN-6 (except two of the damn mounts) and if I had a long barrel .300WM, or 7mm for that matter, I wouldn't hesitate to use it on there. And I'd probably shell out for the brake vs. the hider as a mount personally. I think it would be more useful too, to me anyway, with or without the suppressor.

I guess if you want to be more technical about it, come to think of it, perhaps you could find out what the pressure is at the muzzle of your particular barrel length in 7mm and then compare that to short and long barrel 5.56 and 7.62 weapons. You could probably call Remington or someone and they may be able to give you the info. If it isn't too far off, and the the barrel is long enough to burn the powder, I'd think it would be no different than the advertised calibres.

That's my $.25, considering inflation.

The pressure can't be much more than my 7.5" 6.8SPC and I use my 7.62SD on that one. My SDN-6 stays on my 300BLK for now but it may branch out.

I heard that they were having some serious issues with the 90T mounts and the cans not wanting to come off. From what I hear, they are doing a complete re-design.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aziator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pressure can't be much more than my 7.5" 6.8SPC and I use my 7.62SD on that one. My SDN-6 stays on my 300BLK for now but it may branch out.

I heard that they were having some serious issues with the 90T mounts and the cans not wanting to come off. From what I hear, they are doing a complete re-design. </div></div>

I dont know where you heard that at...... my 90t mounts are easy to get off.