• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC 762SD vs. SDN-6 on precision rifle

dauntedfuture

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2014
Gents,
I am certain to purchase a 7.62 can. I intend to use this on a 300BO Bolt gun and SBR AR-15. I would also like to use it on a .308 with full power ammunition. I might use this 7.62 can on a 5.56 SBR but I have a 5.56 can already.

My question is: What kind of actual performance, or decrease in performance have you noticed with the AAC 762SD or SND-6 on a .308 bolt gun and SCAR 17. I am not concerned about POI shift, its going to happen. Do these cans come off or get loose, it there POI shift as they heat up etc. I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed, a quick search did not yield recent results.

Thanks

Mine has been rock solid on a Rem 700 308 bolt. POI shifts ~4" down, every time and doesnt seem to wander at all as the can heats up. I have the full brake mount(2 chamber design). It has a slight wobble, but doesnt seem to be an issue.

I purchased the 762SND-6 for the same reason. SBR 300 blk and to use on my 6.5 creedmoor
tactical rifle. Mine has a repeatable shift down anywhere from 2-4" depending on load.
My qd mount is the flashhider on both. Neither one locks up completely solid, but have never come loose.

NCM_0734.JPG

As you can see, my accuracy seems to be okay.

I have both and neither will vary that greatly from the other. I use them on everything from an AX308 to DPMS SASS to 10" 300blk. They are solid cans that once you figure out the mount issue they perform extremely well. I had to tailor a few mounts but in the end I'm more then happy with these cans. I also have 30ba & 30p1 so it's not a fanboy thing it's plain that all these cans work.

Although I do like the shortness of the N6. And I can't really tell that much of difference in sound between the 2.

Buy whichever is in stock or cheaper and have no regrets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk