• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC adapter question

Pwoens

1:16
Minuteman
  • Jun 8, 2013
    I’ve got an HS precision in 308. The outside diameter of my barrel is larger than the inside diameter of my factory AAC adaptor that came with my silencer. What can I do to attaché my AAC silencer to my barrel? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

If you mean the OD of the rear of the brake is smaller than the OD of the barrel behind the threads, this won't cause a problem unless the mount once on protrudes behind the rear place of the brake (it shouldn't anyway).

I can only get the factory aac adapter on the barrel with one thread, at best. Then the aac adaptor hits the end of the HS barrel and since the barrel is larger in OD then the adapters ID it won’t thread on any further, if that makes sense

Not clear what you're trying to describe but brakes come in different thread sizes/pitches. So it sounds like you're trying to use the wrong brake/adapter.

Reactions: Zak Smith
    Happened to run across a couple AAC flash hiders and it dawned on me what OP is probably talking about. At least some of them have a "skirt" that goes over the barrel diameter. For this 5/8x24, a bbl diameter over .810 behind the threads isn't going to fit unless it's turned down a bit. If you don't want to turn down the bbl, you need a flash hider/brake that's flush at the base. Don't know much about AAC adapters but I've got one that is flush (Brakeout?) so there might be others.

Skirt
    IMG_0953.jpg

Flush
    IMG_0954.JPG

Happened to run across a couple AAC flash hiders and it dawned on me what OP is probably talking about. At least some of them have a "skirt" that goes over the barrel diameter. For this 5/8x24, a bbl diameter over .810 behind the threads isn't going to fit unless it's turned down a bit. If you don't want to turn down the bbl, you need a flash hider/brake that's flush at the base. Don't know much about AAC adapters but I've got one that is flush (Brakeout?) so there might be others.

Skirt
    View attachment 7485482

Flush
    View attachment 7485483

YES!! a flush mount AAC adapter would resolve the issue.

Was struggling to get pictures that would accurately tell the story, hoping the ones I attached here helped
    8A48CBA8-65C8-46E9-972D-5A64CF28CD46.jpeg
    5F6431E7-6F87-4879-9EBF-FAC4351694AE.jpeg
    5484280A-3772-4013-AD32-64574070C577.jpeg

Not clear what you're trying to describe but brakes come in different thread sizes/pitches. So it sounds like you're trying to use the wrong brake/adapter.

my apologies, and appreciate your desire to help! Hopefully the pictures I just attached will help?

Either buy a flush mounted break adapter.
    Or, have a Smith turn down the end of your barrel to accept the skirt of the hider.
    Or have the Smith turn the skirt off the hider.

Easiest might be to just find a flush adapter, of course with Remington going bankrupt it might make it difficult to find one.

Deano

You might have to do some internet searching, like a previous person stated with all the turmoil with freedom group stuff AAC muzzle devices seem hard to find.. I had to order from AAC directly not long ago just to find one of their flash hiders

I’ve got an HS precision in 308. The outside diameter of my barrel is larger than the inside diameter of my factory AAC adaptor that came with my silencer. What can I do to attaché my AAC silencer to my barrel? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    You might not want to hear this answer, but here you go.
    Send your can in to ECCO and have them convert the adapter to thread pitch or other manufacturers adapter of your choice. You'll save yourself a lot of frustration and $$$.
    I've had a 7.62sd for almost 9 years. I've fought the AAC 51t ratchet system the entire time. Blackout, Brakeout and brake all have the same issue. The teeth never quite match up to the pawl on the can so it locks up good and tight. There's always a little bit of wobble.
    If not, good luck with your adapters.

As others have stated - AAC mounts are hard to find. Keep an eye out in the PX.

You want what is referred to as the standard socket vs deep socket.

Also as stated the other option is to have ECCO work it.

Or have the Smith turn the skirt off the hider.

Also have one w/ skirt turned off but there's still a good lip w/ same ID as skirt before the threads. Maybe that's ok but looks like you'd have to get into the teeth to get a truly flush base.

IMG_0960.JPG

As others have stated - AAC mounts are hard to find. Keep an eye out in the PX.

You want what is referred to as the standard socket vs deep socket.

Also as stated the other option is to have ECCO work it.

thank you! Found one from a member :)