• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC brakeout differences

psychogecko

IYAAYAS
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
ID
I have an AAC brakeout mounted on my AR and because having a suppressor is so awesome I decided to have my 22-250 threaded. So first things first. I had to have a brakeout, I finally ordered one and took a look at it to see how it would look on my 22-250, when I noticed it was different from the one mounted on my AR. I think I may have to switch them out? Not sure but I am wondering why they changed them.
2012-02-19_18-34-00_6251.jpg

If you see in the top mount, the brake has a place for the spacer washers to be hidden. Does anyone know why they changed this?

Re: AAC brakeout differences

If you are going to have the barrel threaded anyhow, give the smith the new breakout and tell him to time the son of a bitch properly and no shims are needed.

There's no difference in the portion of the mount that interfaces with the suppressor. I have a one like both of those, and the can mounts up just fine on both.

Looks like they just cleaned them up and put the wrench flats more mid body like their normal brakes. I think it was for looks, not function. You will be fine.

The one you got (the loose one in the picture, I'm assuming) is probably just what you need for the 22-250. If your barrel is a heavier contour than .750 at the muzzle, then your smith would have to profile it to fit into the recess at the back of the other mount. The flat back surface of the new one will allow you to just thread the muzzle of even heavy profile barrels without worrying about fitting into the socket on the mount.

The barrel is 1 inch at the muzzle. Threading the suppressor on the mount I noticed it fits over the threads. Giving the one I have mounted on the AR the extra room to full tighten the suppressor. We will see what the smith says and or can do.

Also I ordered the mount from sportsmans-depot.com (not impressed, do a search here on the site, I told my story)

I was thinking that the suppressor would hit the barrel when trying to screw it on because the suppressor screws over the wrench flats on this one. For the suppressor mount without the wrench flats the suppressor would hit the barrel. But measuring the inside of the suppressor is still 1.1 the barrel is 1.0. So it should clear.
2012-02-20_17-23-24_390.jpg

22-250 that's interesting. Bet it heats up pretty quick. Keep us posted on how it works.