• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC Cans with indexing marks question scar h sprm4

fastford

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2008
    Central, Texas
    When you slip you can on to say setting 2, after you twist it on, does it come to a stop exactly on the 2 postion or off a few notches?

Re: AAC Cans with indexing marks question scar h sprm4

The index markings were meant to be used for STARTING your threading. i.e. Index off of the gas block . . . orient the can with "2" in line with the gas tube and turn clockwise until it stops, then turn counterclockwise and pull towards muzzle as outlined in their manual to confirm it is lock in.

Never had a problem.

but its only a starting point, and when its on tight, it does not finish at say the 2 position right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but its only a starting point, and when its on tight, it does not finish at say the 2 position right?</div></div>

Right

For my SPR/M4, I put the 5 in line with the gas block and screw it onto the mount. Once it is tight, the 5 is two clicks beyond the gas block, so for mine I use the 5 as the starting point and ending point.