• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AAC Cans

Doc68

I'm an asshole....
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2014
    USA
    Does anyone know of the guy who does the conversions for AAC cans from the old mounting system to a revised mounting system. If so could you shoot me his info. I have a can needing converted.

Thanks

Doc

I have had 2 AAC cans converted to KeyMo mounts by them. They do GREAT Work!!!
    Anyway you could post a pic or two of the mounting end of the supressor.

Thanks

Doc

Anyway you could post a pic or two of the mounting end of the supressor.

Thanks

Doc

Here is my AAC SDN-6. Is that what you are looking for?

00-qY7I4uVR1_b1rQSxVxKNIHDibaIXo-TeKnKKnHG9n4bBuVSXR5fLRfwST25zQYjwUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

Doc, call them or email them asap. They have a list and you might have to wait a few months depending on their backlog. I just sent one in after being on the wait list for a year. It’s worth the wait, I had another one July 2020 and I love it. I used the area 419 hellfire mount which allows me to run their brakes and linear flash suppressor and easily change to the suppressor with what has been a repeatable shift in POI.

I sent my sdn6 and m42k to Ecco machine last year. I didn’t weigh or measure them (really wish I did) prior to sending them in because I was too excited to get the call to send them in. Here is a few pics of them and weight post conversion with keymo adapter. I like the forward control 6315km

85812CCC-B197-4DA3-A73B-CB2C8A88E9F5.jpeg

Sdn6
    F3559D89-7EE6-4887-9DE4-1549CC37D333.jpeg

M42K
    06EE9B2B-F500-42E7-A467-10DAF0B5A469.jpeg
    220EBDC0-B058-46AC-B7ED-BE5A2A4979ED.jpeg

I've heard good things about this guy, heard a rumor you can pay extra to expedite but I haven't looked into it.

I've heard good things about this guy, heard a rumor you can pay extra to expedite but I haven't looked into it.

I'm not aware of any expedite Nick offers. In fact, I think he slammed someone that tried to pull some big shot jump the line BS and told them to go F off.

I have an SDN6 and SD556 in there now, dropped off (local) 2 weeks ago after getting on the wait list last August. Don't know why I waited so long.

He did just hire a FT employee to help him and his wife, and says he expects the wait list to get shorter over time. I think it would organically get shorter anyway with most early adopters already converted, but they still seem to get 80-100 cans/month to process. He makes his own cans and tons of common and even one-off mounts too.

He's also got a bookface page and is quick to respond there.

I'm not aware of any expedite Nick offers. In fact, I think he slammed someone that tried to pull some big shot jump the line BS and told them to go F off.

I have an SDN6 and SD556 in there now, dropped off (local) 2 weeks ago after getting on the wait list last August. Don't know why I waited so long.

He did just hire a FT employee to help him and his wife, and says he expects the wait list to get shorter over time. I think it would organically get shorter anyway with most early adopters already converted, but they still seem to get 80-100 cans/month to process. He makes his own cans and tons of common and even one-off mounts too.

He's also got a bookface page and is quick to respond there.
    Theirs someone else doing the same thing you could pay for quicker turn around then

get on the list and wait your 9 to 10 months ... sometimes you can buy your way to the front of the line sorry ..

get on the list and wait your 9 to 10 months ... sometimes you can buy your way to the front of the line sorry ..

This statement from Nick would indicate otherwise. FWIW, the wait is now down to around 4-5 months and should improve with his new hire coming up to speed.

"Now a statement with a bit more sour tone, but that needs to be heard by a select few. We don't care who you are, who you know, how much money you have or how influential you think you are. The broke 22 year old nobody knows who just managed to scrape together enough money to buy one or two cans gets the same quality of service and level of priority as the "connected" millionaire with hundreds of them. But that can change if you try to use the power you believe you have to force us to bend to your will, because if I'm pushed to choose between using my finite resources to help one guy with 50 cans or 50 people with one can each, it will be the latter. Our customers make us who we are. *ALL* of our customers, not just the wealthy or well-connected folks."

I have a M4-2000. What would be the advantage to this service? What would I gain/lose?

I have a M4-2000. What would be the advantage to this service? What would I gain/lose?

Get rid of the crap ratchet/pawl QD system and convert to industry standard 1.375x24. You can use almost any mount system you like. Want to change it up? Get a new muzzle device and adapter and go for it. Direct thread? Just get the adapter. You're not married to one MFR for the mounting system.

I had terrible RTZ and POI shift with my 762SDN6 on my bolt gun. Even though I always held the pawl down when mounting/dismounting, it was showing signs of wear and would eventually need repair. AAC (reformed under PSA) says pound sand to all owners now for any warranty. While ECCO and others can repair them, why bother at this point? The can design is a bit dated, but this breathes new life/usefulness into it.

Con: You would have to buy new muzzle devices.

I went Xeno and am selling all my take off AAC mounts, already sold half of them on that other AR site.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
    Does the conversion make lighter/ heavier, longer/ shorter? Or no change? I have multiple cans do I don’t have to switch them.

Does the conversion make lighter/ heavier, longer/ shorter? Or no change? I have multiple cans do I don’t have to switch them.

Depends on the mount system used.

Xeno is slightly longer than AAC OEM. Many others like Q or Griffin and others will be closer to AAC OEM with the can covering all or most of the mount. All will likely be a little lighter. AAC is a bit dated. Not the heaviest or lightest, not the loudest or most quiet. It's an investment for sure to change but future proofs the cans.

ECCO can also repair them if need be.

I'm still waiting to send mine in. But from everything I hear it's worth the wait. I can't wait to get the new mounting system. I had a 4-6" POI difference with the can on before. Sucked ass.

Doc