• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC lies

300WSM

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2004
WI
god I'm sick of their lies...

Ordered a can back in Jan which was promised by the dealer in feb-mar. I knew it would take longer and that is not what bothers me. 3 times now I or he has called AAC and each time they have given the same excuse "waiting on flash hiders and finishing it. Should be about 2 weeks." First called back at start of May, then mid June, and now late july.

The time doesn't bother me. It's the lies. Cuz that is what they are. My buddy just ordered a flash hider (same one I need, which AAC says they are waiting on for my can) about 1.5 weeks ago and received it with in 5 days. He didn't order a can. JUST a flash hider.

If it's going to take 3 months then say it'll take 3 months. If it's 6 months say 6 months. If you don't know for sure. Say I don't know! Don't keep saying 2 weeks. That kind of shit is F- service. Period.

I will not buy another AAC product. I don't appreciate being lied to. Rant done.

Re: AAC lies

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats why you never directly buy from a dealer.. </div></div>
Shouldn't matter, business is business. Either you want a top notch reputation or you don't. There are plenty of purchases made from dealers that care about their customers and retaining them for life. Honesty and communication should not be too much to ask for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats why you never directly buy from a dealer.. </div></div>
Shouldn't matter, business is business. Either you want a top notch reputation or you don't. There are plenty of purchases made from dealers that care about their customers and retaining them for life. Honesty and communication should not be too much to ask for. </div></div>

I agree, but you still never buy from a dealer unless you have to..

buy from a dealer that has it in stock on hand ready to go.

AAC's business practices are the problem.

Agreed, if you can avoid the dealer buying from a stocking source, by all means do so, its 300WSM's "business practice" issue that is unacceptable.

nothing new - yeah I started searching. Didn't like what I saw.

It's really not their fault.

Supposedly they subcontract out their components.

It's hard to maintain accurate control on delivery times when you are waiting on someone else.....

Don't throw AAC in the group with all dealers.

I've had conversations both with David of JDW Manufacturing (Shark Suppressors) and both Glen and Fawnda of Seekins Precision and they're all stand-up people who will definitely go the extra mile when it comes to product quality and ensuring their customer is absolutely satisfied.

If AAC is having issues with CS, then thanks for the heads-up so we can all know to watch. But don't throw all dealers in the same pot just because one decided to burn you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's really not their fault.

Supposedly they subcontract out their components.

It's hard to maintain accurate control on delivery times when you are waiting on someone else.....

</div></div>

I don't agree. If they're saying they are waiting on a specific part, and yet they're shipping that part to other customers, they're obviously not waiting on that part. Whoever is answering the phone is either, misinformed or lying. Either one is a quick way to piss customers off. YHM did the same thing to me with my last Mite order. Told me they were in stock but ATF was taking 6 months to approve dealer to dealer transfers. Great except they kept sending me the other suppressors off my order. ATF was taking less than a month to approve them.

I'm with 300WSM on this one. The time doesn't bother me either, but fucking be honest about how long it's going to be. And don't give me some shit about how they can't control what their subs do. I didn't hire the subs, they did. I hired them to supply a product, and the buck should stop with them.

Welcome to NFA, where the lead times are long and the story is different every time!
smile.gif

I'm happy with all my AAC stuff - and the CS.

I DID order from dealers who had my goodies in stock, though!

This is why I buy from <span style="font-weight: bold">a stocking dealer</span>.

For example.

PSI, Renegade, or CMDeck on Silencertalk.

PSI shipped out my EVO-9-CQC the next day after recieveing payment, before that they hooked me up with my Evo-9 as well.

CMDecker the same with my SCAR-H

Renegade my SPR/M4

Etc....

Repeat rinse and wash.

missing the point... poster was/is pissed that AAC lied about the delays... not questioning the products but the way that AAC conducts business...

Not missing the point at all.

Order from a stocking dealer and this is all a moot point.

AAC is the devil, I get it......

I normally don't dogpile on, but I had this exact same issue when I got my M4-2000. It's a great can, but boy did I have to wait, and I wasn't expecting to. Not sure if my dealer misled me or if AAC misled my dealer - but I go the exact same thing - 2 weeks, after a month I'd inquire and be told 2 weeks - went on for months.

Then to top it off the can came without the SCARmor finish it was supposed to have - just a card saying send it back in a few months to have it refinished. By the time that came around though they weren't doing the SCARmor finish anymore. I sent a letter expressing my displeasure and did not receive any reply. Obviously they're doing well enough that they don't need my future business.

It's a shame because I really do love the can itself.

In short - if you're thinking of buying a can from them make sure the dealer has it in hand before forking over any money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cryptopunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In short - if you're thinking of buying a can from them make sure the dealer has it in hand before forking over any money. </div></div>

I hate to say this but that is common practice for those of us who have more than one NFA item. Buy from a dealer that has it IN STOCK. If you dont buy it from someone who has it in stock ... its going to be a waiting game.

Bought from a non-stocking dealer once and that was/is the last time I'll ever do that. It's now almost 2 years and $400 behind and I finally get to send my form 4 to ATF off. Way too long of a story (about 2 years in the making) but it has sucked so far. This will be my longest wait by over a year.

Guys complaining, expect to wait and make better decisions the next time around when you do things differently because you are unhappy with the service.

No excuse for lying but AAC is the only company making AAC cans if you must have one.

Life is good, enjoy it.

Most people know this going in, and want in anyway because they wanted the best product on the market.

If you did not know about this going in they I feel sorry for you, but if you knew about this going in and you want in anyway then you have no reason to complain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Hineline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most people know this going in, and want in anyway because they wanted the best product on the market.

If you did not know about this going in they I feel sorry for you, but if you knew about this going in and you want in anyway then you have no reason to complain. </div></div>

What ? Most people know that AAC lies about their products, want one anyway and then have no reason to complain when THEY are lied to...wtf ...does that work for you ? Is it just AAC that you excuse for lying... what about your local car dealer, TV sales, rental car company.. the list goes on...

I am also a Dealer. Talk about pissed i had 2 guys from Mac Dill waitin for stuff (ordered in late Jan ) I repeatedly called and was told they were gonna ship today 2.5 months and 2 very pissed customers who heard the conversation with AAC were told they shipped These guys made a 40 min drive to pic up the stuff. only to find a cubic foot sized box with 1 flash suppressor in it...nothing else we got the can it (the flash hider} went with 2 months earlier. Yes they make a good product yes customers are impatient to buy them. I Am sold out of AAC stock and cant get it in to sell as the lead times are taking so long my 1st order cost me over 7 grand paid up front out of pocket and i have yet to get my whole order of 22 cans that were quoted to be done within 30 days. in all this time i have yet to say anything, as a Moderator on Two other firearms sites I have been patient.Seeing this thread tells me im not alone.

when someone puts 7k down for a product that is supposed to be there in a month, then said product should be there in a month or 7k should be back in his hands. If someone bought something here on the hide for any amount of money and it was not there within a certain time frame quoted, there would be emails all over the place. Lucky for them, they have people lining up to buy there product. If people quit buying it, they would probably shore up their business practices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Hineline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am just saying if you married an ugly fat girl, because she was nice and a great cook, it's not right to complain later when she is ugly and fat.

</div></div>

This post has been removed pursuant threats of legal action. I'm protected by the soldiers and sailors relief act right now, nevertheless, this is not worth the waisted time.

The market is going through a bubble right now. Some companies are maintaining the customer service they had before the bubble and will probably still be viable after the bubble when everyone remembers this. Other companies are gouging on prices or, like in this case, quoting impossible delivery times and blowing smoke up customers asses. It'll be interesting to see how they fare when everything is back to normal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Hineline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am just saying if you married an ugly fat girl, because she was nice and a great cook, it's not right to complain later when she is ugly and fat.

</div></div>

Only in this instance a liar with a good product. Not ok to complain later because of dishonesty.

I agree subcontractors lie also, but if your guy lies every two weeks, slap him in the face and tell him to wake the fuck up and shoot you straight. </div></div>

WEll at least they don't place a racial slur as a nice unsuspected surprise on thier cans for them......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Hineline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am just saying if you married an ugly fat girl, because she was nice and a great cook, it's not right to complain later when she is ugly and fat.

</div></div>

Only in this instance a liar with a good product. Not ok to complain later because of dishonesty.

I agree subcontractors lie also, but if your guy lies every two weeks, slap him in the face and tell him to wake the fuck up and shoot you straight. </div></div>

WEll at least they don't place a racial slur as a nice unsuspected surprise on thier cans for them...... </div></div>

"FORNT TOWARDS ARABS",now that was a surprise.Not even funny either.

Add Shark suppressor to your list of good suppressor companies to deal with. It was 10 weeks from the time I sent the paperwork off until the time my paperwork was approved. Then I waited two weeks to pick up the can. Not waiting on David, but waiting on the 5 hour drive down to Plano, TX. David waited on me, not the other way around. Great customer service, and a great product. Absolutely awesome.

I concure with some of the others, don't buy from the dealer. I waited on a rifle for 11 months when it was only suppose to take four and it wasn't even a custom gun. They did the same thing telling me it would be 2 months, 4 months, 8 months exc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762SD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Hineline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am just saying if you married an ugly fat girl, because she was nice and a great cook, it's not right to complain later when she is ugly and fat.

</div></div>

WEll at least they don't place a racial slur as a nice unsuspected surprise on thier cans for them...... </div></div>

"FORNT TOWARDS ARABS",now that was a surprise.Not even funny either. </div></div>

Some people don't know how to take a joke. Do we really have to revive that BS? It was hashed out and hashed out... old news.
Not to mention that the diamond engraving was so light it could easily be bead blasted or even painted over. I suppose your SN "762SD" wouldn't have anything to do with that jab... obviously you are an AAC fan boy. Thats fine, just saying.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Warning: Ranting ahead. Do not continue to read if you hate ranting.</span></span>

5 years ago maybe even people would have got the joke and laughed... but now the libs have penetrated every fiber of our society. Even the army now... Im in a recon unit with 80 guys... yet we still do sexual assault and prevention briefs, as well as discrimination briefs all the damn time. "HAZING" isn't even allowed in boot camp anymore. Ft benning Is no longer putting out the Good Infantry product (private) that they once were. Privates are getting to units and lipping off to every NCO up the chain of command. It wasn't like that 6 years ago. But everything is feel good and PC these days, even the Ft benning Infantry school. Its sad to say it but it is. And another thing, Im sick of people having sleeves of hardcore tattoos and acting like bad asses on the outside but then you talk to them and realize they are a PC lib in every way. Not insinuating you are that way im just ranting. I cant stand the degradation of Good old Americanism.

Also Hearing protection LLC doesn't list product for sale unless its physically in inventory. Its old business and it might not generate the revenue that could be otherwise gained, but i think its a good thing to do for customer service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Hineline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am just saying if you married an ugly fat girl, because she was nice and a great cook, it's not right to complain later when she is ugly and fat.

</div></div>

I'll bet it would make you happier if it said front toward US soldiers.

I bet Arabs haven't killed your friends.

I bet they've never tried to kill you.

I met nice decent Arabs for the first time of my life on this trip. Opinions are a reflection of experiences. You pantywaist types need to unbrainwash yourselves.

Last time I was in Iraq (here) they dropped 1200 mortars and artillery rockets within 150meters of my bed. Yes I lucked out and went home safe, but I can't say I took too kindly to it. That's just indirect.

The funny thing about Americans is while we try to be nice and fair to the enemy, they are trying to kill us because we are white and Christian or not they don't care- they assume you're Christian because you are white and American. If your not white, American is good enough. Don't forget that. They want to kill all of us. It would make the enemy happy, and the good decent Arabs probably wouldn't mind too much either- they might tolerate me over here this time, but they don't care about me or anyone else wearing this uniform unless they are on the payroll and we're feeding their family. It's survival first over here, and when it's not survival, it's Jihad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Hineline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am just saying if you married an ugly fat girl, because she was nice and a great cook, it's not right to complain later when she is ugly and fat.

</div></div>

Fuck off, Have Arabs ever killed your friends?

Have they ever tried to kill you?

I met nice decent Arabs for the first time of my life on this trip. Opinions are a reflection of experiences. You pantywaist types need to unbrainwash yourselves.

Last time I was in Iraq (here) they dropped 1200 mortars and artillery rockets within 150meters of my bed. Yes I lucked out and went home safe, but I can't say I took too kindly to it. That's just indirect.

The funny thing about Americans is while we try to be nice and fair to the enemy, they are trying to kill us because we are white and Christian or not they don't care- they assume you're Christian because you are white and American. If your not white, American is good enough. Don't forget that. They want to kill all of us. It would make the enemy happy, and the good decent Arabs probably wouldn't mind too much either- they might tolerate me over here this time, but they don't care about me or anyone else wearing this uniform unless they are on the payroll and we're feeding their family. It's survival first over here, and when it's not survival, it's Jihad. </div></div>
Im sorry but after reading that I will not be looking at purchasing your products.

Oh I didn't realize when the quotes get really long they scroll down.

You should read Poole's book Militant Tricks.

It will help you to understand terrorism and what a threat this really is. For all we know this peace could just be a chance for Iraqi terror to regain a second wind while Afghanistan takes the spotlite and heat off it. That's what Poole's book would imply. The terrorists are always putting on one appearance and doing something else under the table. We have a timeline, they can just wait us out now.

It's good for them it supports their goals. I hope this isn't the case, but with terrorism you never know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh I didn't realize when the quotes get really long they scroll down.

It will help you to understand terrorism and what a threat this really is. For all we know this peace could just be a chance for Iraqi terror to regain a second wind while Afghanistan takes the spotlite and heat off it. That's what Poole's book would imply. The terrorists are always putting on one appearance and doing something else under the table. We have a timeline, they can just wait us out now.

It's good for them it supports their goals. I hope this isn't the case, but with terrorism you never know. </div></div>

This has nothing to do with what we are talking about here....

I think on one note yes AAC is known to tell some fibs here and there but what other rifle maker or accessory maker tells you straight up when your stuff is going to show up? None of them that I have encountered. AAC is at the mercy of the guys and girls working in the back and the people that they sub out to. A guy that rides a desk all day has no friggin clue what the people in the back are trying to get done. He sits on the damn phone all day and makes false promises. A LOT of people in this industry do just that as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh I didn't realize when the quotes get really long they scroll down.

It's good for them it supports their goals. I hope this isn't the case, but with terrorism you never know. </div></div>

This has nothing to do with what we are talking about here....

I think on one note yes AAC is known to tell some fibs here and there but what other rifle maker or accessory maker tells you straight up when your stuff is going to show up? None of them that I have encountered. AAC is at the mercy of the guys and girls working in the back and the people that they sub out to. A guy that rides a desk all day has no friggin clue what the people in the back are trying to get done. He sits on the damn phone all day and makes false promises. A LOT of people in this industry do just that as well. </div></div>

Having a production schedule and having production meetings would really help alleviate a lot of these headaches...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Hineline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am just saying if you married an ugly fat girl, because she was nice and a great cook, it's not right to complain later when she is ugly and fat.

</div></div>

I'll bet it would make you happier if it said front toward US soldiers.

I bet Arabs haven't killed your friends.

I bet they've never tried to kill you.

The funny thing about Americans is while we try to be nice and fair to the enemy, they are trying to kill us because we are white and Christian or not they don't care- they assume you're Christian because you are white and American. If your not white, American is good enough. Don't forget that. They want to kill all of us. It would make the enemy happy, and the good decent Arabs probably wouldn't mind too much either- they might tolerate me over here this time, but they don't care about me or anyone else wearing this uniform unless they are on the payroll and we're feeding their family. It's survival first over here, and when it's not survival, it's Jihad.
</div></div>

Yeah...............that justifies a racist slur on your silencer.

Since I don't want your racist slur on my silencer I clealry want US soliders to die. OK.

When do the Nigger and Jap versions come out?

Give me a break......

Did I miss something? Arab is now a racial slur? I always thought is was simialar to calling someone an American or Canadian, or Mexican. Damn it's hard to keep up.

As far as AAC, I don't have so much of an issue if they can't get the parts, that's just the way things are. I think the OP said he has a can on order where they are supposedly waiting waiting for months on one part. Then his buddy orders a part and gets it before the one on order. This is a company blowing off a customer who they've already got the money from in favor of another.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chuck Anderson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did I miss something? Arab is now a racial slur? I always thought is was simialar to calling someone an American or Canadian, or Mexican. Damn it's hard to keep up.

As far as AAC, I don't have so much of an issue if they can't get the parts, that's just the way things are. I think the OP said he has a can on order where they are supposedly waiting waiting for months on one part. Then his buddy orders a part and gets it before the one on order. This is a company blowing off a customer who they've already got the money from in favor of another. </div></div>

Front towards Mexicans

Front towards Canadians

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chuck Anderson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, doesn't do it for me. Saying a race doesn't = slur to me. Guess I'm not PC enough. </div></div>

I'd expect an LEO to be more PC.

OP, thanks for the heads up. I've wanted an AAC 5.56 can for a while now but reading that they are still up to their shenanigans reaffirms my decision to never buy their products.

OPS or Surefire will get a good look at before long.
smile.gif

-X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chuck Anderson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, doesn't do it for me. Saying a race doesn't = slur to me. Guess I'm not PC enough. </div></div>

Agree.

So because I don't think referring to someone by their country of origin is a racial slur that is racial profiling? Keep in mind, I never said I owned an HP LLC can or ever would. Or that thought putting it on the end of the can was a brilliant idea. I just don't view it as a racial slur. I guess I'll have to remember to be offended the next time someone calls me an Oregonian.