• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC/Remington bankruptcy issue

B4forever

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2012
Central Oregon
Several months ago I sent in my AAC M4-2000 for repair (qd latch failed) and since then I’d received one email stating the part was back ordered and the repair would be finished when it came in. This morning I sent an email checking on the status of the repair and I received an automatic reply stating that due to Remington’s bankruptcy they were not accepting any more repairs and there was a chance my product might be returned without the repair being finished. This is obviously terrible news as there isn’t any recourse to fixing a broken suppressor if the manufacturer is out of business. Internet research shows someone bought AAC but I’m not sure what that means for me. Is anyone else having this issue?

JJE Capital Holdings now owns AAC. They are the parent company that owns Palmetto State Armory. I am sure that they are getting those companies reorganized since it has only been a month or so.

You can always contact JJE Capital Holdings as they did take on AAC.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Search it on here there’s a recent thread with some pictures.

I didn’t know this was a thing!? I’ll look into it, thanks for the info.

Here you go.

JJE Capital Holdings now owns AAC. They are the parent company that owns Palmetto State Armory. I am sure that they are getting those companies reorganized since it has only been a month or so.

You can always contact JJE Capital Holdings as they did take on AAC.

JJE only purchased the names and intellectual property; no equipment, no inventory, no buildings, etc. Round Hill bought the physical assets, they are the ones to contact.

JJE only purchased the names and intellectual property; no equipment, no inventory, no buildings, etc. Round Hill bought the physical assets, they are the ones to contact.

That's right, Round Hill bought Remington Firearms and they had consolidated their factory in AL. I had forgot about that.

It remains to be seen as to what will happen to the Remington facility in Huntsville, AL. I read an article that stated the facility could revert back to the City of Huntsville as part of the original agreement between Remington & COH.

I agree with the above suggestions. Get it back and converted to another mounting system. Cause you don't know how long it will be for someone to start up again with the AAC line of accessories, if they even do it at all. plus, there are much better mounting options out there now.

Got a call this morning, they’re shipping it back without the repair. Now I’ve got to choose a new mounting system.

sucks to see such a good company go under. Leaves a lot of people hanging for customer support.

Reactions: Docsherm
Got a call this morning, they’re shipping it back without the repair. Now I’ve got to choose a new mounting system.
If you want to get it done by ECCO machine I’d recommend getting on their wait list sooner than later. Had an m4-2000 converted to direct thread and the work was top notch. I’m on the wait list to get my 7.62sd converted over, got on around the end of July.

If you want to get it done by ECCO machine I’d recommend getting on their wait list sooner than later. Had an m4-2000 converted to direct thread and the work was top notch. I’m on the wait list to get my 7.62sd converted over, got on around the end of July.

what’s the average wait? Wouldn’t mind getting my m42k user serviceable and griffen taper mount setup

what’s the average wait? Wouldn’t mind getting my m42k user serviceable and griffen taper mount setup
I couldn’t tell you on that. Believe business has picked up for them recently and according to their Facebook page they are cycling out orders in batches so there isn’t a large inventory stockpile. I was on the waiting list for 2-3 weeks prior and because they were moving shops took about month and a half after sending it in for the work to be completed. The price, craftsmanship and communication made me not second guess waiting to upgrade my other can.

Reactions: DJ 480
I got on there list near the end of may. I got a call in end of august to mail my cans in. They received them 07SEP2020. I received them in the mail on 07OCT2020

that can kinda give you a timeline for their que. I waited to get on there list until I have my keymo adapters in hand as that’s what nick wanted.

I had nick convert both my sdn6 and m42k to omega for keymo adapters. The linked thread in this thread shows weights and lengths of my cans post conversion.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ 480

So, Chris, what is your take on Round Hill and AAC ? There are some AAC products I would like to see. I have no knowledge of Round Hill. I know you keep up with such things. There are really only two AAC suppressors that are in "our market," but we would like to continue to get them.

@Docsherm, what issues did you have? We use these cans in sniper rifle production. I think there is only one rifle we use it with, but had not seen any issues, or heard any feedback from customers.

I was just reading up on a TiRant9 yesterday, I think I'll wait for a while before I go that route. There may be better choices out there at this time.

This sounds like an asset purchase from bankrupcy proces...
warranty claims are liabilities and possible/likely dimissed by the court,
while assets (phsical + intagible) were sold fee and clear of liabilites to new owners.

New owners/brands etc may help out of goodwill,
but your claim could lack legal teeth. Also the inventory
(eg spare parts) is probably with the physical assetsm as noted above.

best of luck either way.

So, Chris, what is your take on Round Hill and AAC ? There are some AAC products I would like to see. I have no knowledge of Round Hill. I know you keep up with such things. There are really only two AAC suppressors that are in "our market," but we would like to continue to get them.
Round Hill has nothing to do with AAC. AAC is a company in name only, no products. If you want aac product, time is now to get what ever distribution has left.

@Docsherm, what issues did you have? We use these cans in sniper rifle production. I think there is only one rifle we use it with, but had not seen any issues, or heard any feedback from customers.

I am not having any issues with the AAC cans. The spring release one the ratchet does wear out and it needs factory service to replace it. I saw the writing on the wall and sent all of my AAC cans in to get replaced last year. (this is the second time in 8 years that I have replaced them with factory service). My AAC Mini4 is still my go to can on my 12.5 Noveske.

I also have 6 cans with the Dead Air Keymo mount system. It is by far the superior mounting system made. That is why I am converting. It will also standardize my mounting hardware. That is extremely important to me.

My two AAC 7.62 cans are still gtg (touch wood), but I sent my TiRant 45 in a few months ago to have a couple heavily pitted baffles replaced (10s of thousands of rounds through that can). Was getting regular updates up until the actual bankruptcy, then nothing...and now the phone lines are shut down.

I finally contacted the law firm representing them (Remington) in the bankruptcy and after giving them my info including the suppressor’s serial # and my invoice number from when I sent it in, a very nice person assured me they (Remington) would be in contact within a week. Finger’s crossed that actually happens.

Supposedly there’s one person still doing the warranty work, but at this point I just want the can back in my possession.

Anyone know of a good source for replacement pistol cups/baffles other than AAC/Remington?

I am not having any issues with the AAC cans. The spring release one the ratchet does wear out and it needs factory service to replace it. I saw the writing on the wall and sent all of my AAC cans in to get replaced last year. (this is the second time in 8 years that I have replaced them with factory service). My AAC Mini4 is still my go to can on my 12.5 Noveske.

I also have 6 cans with the Dead Air Keymo mount system. It is by far the superior mounting system made. That is why I am converting. It will also standardize my mounting hardware. That is extremely important to me.

is the dead air Keymo mount compatible with the 51T mounts? Not a show stopper, but I have significant $ tied up in those damn mounts (flashiders, brakes, etc).

edit: disregard; see it’s a direct thread, which I actually prefer. Good to have options when this QD mount inevitably goes tits up!

Last edited:
is the dead air Keymo mount compatible with the 51T mounts? Not a show stopper, but I have significant $ tied up in those damn mounts (flashiders, brakes, etc).

No, i wish...... i too have a ton of them.

I’ve got a 762SD in jail, prob should have went with a different can but it had decent reviews and their customer service reports seemed decent. And we’ll... it was cheap ( live and learn ) Hopefully whoever takes AAC on will continue to back their products?

On a side note, how much of a difference is there when using the flash hider vs the brake while suppressed? Is it very noticeable or just a slight advantage?

I’ve got a 762SD in jail, prob should have went with a different can but it had decent reviews and their customer service reports seemed decent. And we’ll... it was cheap ( live and learn ) Hopefully whoever takes AAC on will continue to back their products?

On a side note, how much of a difference is there when using the flash hider vs the brake while suppressed? Is it very noticeable or just a slight advantage?

The only real difference is when using a Can on a SBR. Using a Brake on a SBR it acts as a sacrificial baffle and saves your can a bit.

Other then that, there is really no difference when suppressed.

Several months ago I sent in my AAC M4-2000 for repair (qd latch failed) and since then I’d received one email stating the part was back ordered and the repair would be finished when it came in. This morning I sent an email checking on the status of the repair and I received an automatic reply stating that due to Remington’s bankruptcy they were not accepting any more repairs and there was a chance my product might be returned without the repair being finished. This is obviously terrible news as there isn’t any recourse to fixing a broken suppressor if the manufacturer is out of business. Internet research shows someone bought AAC but I’m not sure what that means for me. Is anyone else having this issue?

Sorry to hear that but glad i'm not the only one. I sent my 762SD in for a warranty repair and they received 4/27/2020 and i checked on it every couple months, they always said it was on the armorers bench. I even asked if the pending bankruptcy and sale of assets would effect my repair - they assured me it would be repaired. I received my can back yesterday in the mail (without notice or communication) with a note saying they couldnt repair because of the bankruptcy. Hopefully the new owner will honor that warranty...hell i'll even pay for it to get fixed at this point. Best of luck.

Got my suppressor back from AAC today unrepaired. I’m on the ECCO wait list...now I have to decide which mount to run. Recommendations? It will spend most of its time on a dedicated suppressed 11.5” 556 sbr but may also see use on a 18” precision setup.

I did a plan B on mine. Lives on an 8.3” 300blk SBR but might get moved around a little.

Got my suppressor back from AAC today unrepaired. I’m on the ECCO wait list...now I have to decide which mount to run. Recommendations? It will spend most of its time on a dedicated suppressed 11.5” 556 sbr but may also see use on a 18” precision setup.
The Area 419 system is worth a look to see if it fits your requirements. I'm currently running this so I can switch between a suppressor and brake plus change to different rifles. So far I like it.

Got my AAC TiRant .45 that was in for new baffles back today...untouched unfortunately.

any recommendations for someone who can recore? I was looking at Ecco, but the AAC baffles are pretty intricately shaped...likely the reason it’s so damn effective. Great design that works extremely well...too bad Remington’s management screwed the pooch.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers

You see how the documents reference "Asset Purchase Agreements?"

That means they purchased the assets of the company (often including intangible assets like customer lists, proprietary knowledge and rights to continue using the name, etc.) but the original organization still exists and retains its liabilities. The alternative would have a purchase of equity.

The whole document isn't available through the link, but if it were you'd see supplementary schedules at the end listing each individual asset and its corresponding purchase price.

For example, the original "Barnes" company would continue to exist, but "Barnes Acquisition LLC" purchases all equipment, inventory, intangible assets, marketing materials, patents, trademarks, etc.," leaving the original "Barnes" company a shell that holds the cash from the sale and all existing liabilities to settle whatever debts it can as it winds down.

In short, you're probably fucked unless Palmetto wants to keep the AAC name in good standing for future use. Then it would be in its best interest to honor warranties. If it intended to use the assets purchased to launch a new brand or expand its existing product line that's another story.

Just a disclosure- I'm not an attorney. I'm just a CPA that deals with equity and asset sales regularly.

I had ECCo machine convert to Omega mount originally for Q Plan Bs, have since switched to Area419 hellfire mounts on everything. Much better muzzle brake performance and also found that with the cherry bombs, carbon would build up enough on the outside if the ports that the threads of the plan B would scrape when removing the can after 150-200 rds.

Ironically my AAC sd762 was just released from prison today. Now I’m a little worried about it. It will be dedicated to a 308 so it won’t be coming off ever. Guess I’ll just need to check it regularly

I purchased an AAC suppressor back in April from a company called Silencer Central that claimed they were in stock. Turns out that wasn’t true. They told me a 6-10 month wait time for the can alone. Still no updates as of now, should I try to get my money back?

I purchased an AAC suppressor back in April from a company called Silencer Central that claimed they were in stock. Turns out that wasn’t true. They told me a 6-10 month wait time for the can alone. Still no updates as of now, should I try to get my money back?

As long as the serial number isn't tied to you I would try to get my money back. That's ridiculous.

As long as the serial number isn't tied to you I would try to get my money back. That's ridiculous.
I’ve been trying to get in contact with their sales manager and have been told he will call me and have yet to hear back. I’m afraid I’m going to have to get my bank involved

I’ve been trying to get in contact with their sales manager and have been told he will call me and have yet to hear back. I’m afraid I’m going to have to get my bank involved

Did you pay by CC or debit? I'm not sure if the bank will do anything eight months after the charge. Anyone else have any input here?

I believe Remington Opens again on 1 March so they should come back to life.
Nope. All of AAC’s intellectual property was sold to Palmetto State Armory.
Not sure why they bought it. I don’t believe that they intend to produce any suppressors, at least at this time.