• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AAC-SD at 1000 yards?

TB2Blazer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2010
Cleveland, GA
Just curious as to how these rifles shoot at 1000 yards. I know the factory stocks are crap and the trigger is not that great so I understand that a completely stock weapon will not do that great at a grand. Just wondered if any of the AAC-SD owners out there have stretched them out that far and how well they do? I just got one and while I will by no means be shooting at a thousand yards yet, just curious if it has the capability.

Re: AAC-SD at 1000 yards?

I put one in a Mcmillan ATG and killed steel at 1k often with 190's and 210's. thing shot anything I put in it well.!

My sons 700 AAC-SD made it to 1K just fine at Rifles Only back in November. We normally shoot Hornady 168 AMAX, but his rifle went transonic somewhere between 8 and 900. A switch to M118LR solved this problem immediately, and hits at 1K were no problem.

Just a note; my 22" GAPrecision has no problems putting the 168 AMAX on target at 1K.

All rifles are different.

Mine is I think, Im happy to be ringing steel at that distince. Most shooters don't have the discipline in trigger control and sight picture to maintain a true 1 MOA at one thousand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MQXL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here is a vid of a 700 tac @ 1000. only difference is a 1-12 twist not 1-10

http://www.youtube.com/user/civilianmarksman#p/u/1/xesBYKRzqew

</div></div>

Um... looks like you've done all that once or twice. Nice video and good shooting. Probably the best continuous footage I have seen, esecially at that range. Ran the gun like a machine. Great camera views. Hope to be that smooth and accurate one of these days (at least a few times here and there, every now and then). Had to subscribe to your channel after seeing that. The Nosler Varmegeddon commercial is nice too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midkansasguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is Moa at 1000? Ten inches?@</div></div> 10.47in
wink.gif

If the gun is capable of sub MOA at 100 then it's only a question of the shooters ability to maintain that as it goes farter out. As long as your bullet is supersonic. The rifle is defintely capable though.

I just took mine out to 886 yrds with the stock trigger and stock. It shot MOA with 168 grn AMAX! I will be hitting a 1500 yrd range next week, and will post plenty of pics and results. I left the gun stock just for this purpose.

would like to take credit for that vid, but it not myself..
he is some were here in Oregon though. After seeing them
I decided to get one myself. went with the aac sd myself..
Waiting to get it back from stock inletting next week...

Awesome, mine should be here by Wednesday and I'm itching to get it out on the range. I think I made the right decision for a first extended range weapon. Look forward to seeing pics gathumper. Hey thumper where in GA are you located? I'm up here in north ga wondering where you are shooting 1500?

I'm in Canton. I have a deer lease in Cartersville that has a 1500 yard shooting lane. It aint pretty, but it works.

I havent shot to 1k, only 100yrds so far until I find a better place to shoot.

With that said, I have read a few threads about this, and from what I have gathered these rifles are capable without a doubt.

It comes down to the shooter and the load.

Yeah, thats what I figured. Thanks for all the replies. I wish this thing would hurry up and get here.