• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC Titan info

Choid

Anti Bodyfat Activist
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
I have one of these but never really used it because I couldn't find mounts. Now Ecco is going to make it into something I can mount on rifles, which is great, but I was wondering if anybody had experience with this can, and could tell me positives and negatives they found with it. I also have a 338 Ultra, which I use a lot, so if it was possible to compare them, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

I would have them thread it 1.375x24 so you can use the Dead Air KeyMo/KeyMount system. You can use that same thread pitch for MANY other options as well, I just find the DA system to the most repeatable and reliable (being only made of 3 pieces), plus if it ever fails, or the spring goes bad, you can rebuild it at in about 30 seconds with no tools. LOL

I would have them thread it 1.375x24 so you can use the Dead Air KeyMo/KeyMount system. You can use that same thread pitch for MANY other options as well, I just find the DA system to the most repeatable and reliable (being only made of 3 pieces), plus if it ever fails, or the spring goes bad, you can rebuild it at in about 30 seconds with no tools. LOL
That is exactly what they are doing. I'll probably use the Omega 419 mount in it, because that is what I have on many barrels. I could never find enough Keymo parts at once to switch over to that.

There were kind of two versions. There was the Titan which was an all steel, only threaded model which has a nice tone when fired, and the TiTan, the titanium version with 90 tooth thread mount. With the TiTan there were two generations 1st gen had dimples and the second generation did not as they went to a circumference welding style. Pretty sure it was a mono core design and worked well. Only down side was the 90 tooth mounting system and that would wear out eventually, but if ecco is replacing it then you don't have to worry. shoot it and enjoy.
1621908268886.png
1621908286290.png

There also used to be another thread years ago that I cant find, where someone compared the Titan, TiTan(90tooth), Surefire, maybe thunderbeast 338BA, and an AWC or something else. Both AAC titans had nice tiny groups along with the thunderbeast.

the photo with the three cans is L-R thunderbeast .338, stainless steel Titan, and the QD TiTan

Edit found it! https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/ai-ax-psr-300-norma-suppressed-poi-comparison.6432727/

Attachments

• 56134849-F29E-44B7-820B-3D6E409F2647.jpeg
    56134849-F29E-44B7-820B-3D6E409F2647.jpeg
    395.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 05D38C66-07EE-4082-9E27-887B0E0FF517.jpeg
    05D38C66-07EE-4082-9E27-887B0E0FF517.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
That is exactly what they are doing. I'll probably use the Omega 419 mount in it, because that is what I have on many barrels. I could never find enough Keymo parts at once to switch over to that.
Brownells has KeyMount brakes in stock in both 1/2x28 and 5/8x24. So does Silencer Shop, and several other places. Fire up the google machine. 👍🏼

No experience with the Titan but I have the little brother, the 300TM. Same exact internal design but smaller. If you can get it worked from ECCO to a direct thread I'd go that route. The little brother was accurate, repeatable and consistent. I can't see the Titan being anything different, never read anything bad about its performance. The only negative I can think of is its from AAC but besides that its one of the better 338 cans. ECCO does some good work, you'll be happy with it when its done.

Reactions: Red343 and Choid
Running the AAC 300-TM as well, smaller then the Titan but same design Mono core titanium design. shot with some guys that had the 91 tooth Titan and seemed like a good mount unlike the 51 tooth set up.

I have the titan qd, that I shoot on a 338lm. No complaints on my end. So far, so good.