• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AADMOUNT Rings Available

Jon A

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2006
Everett, WA
www.aadmount.com
With so many of my customers urging me to offer products for their bolt rifles, I have finally begun.

My first offering:

ISOViews.jpg

PICT0331.JPG

PICT0333.JPG

AADMOUNT Triple Lug Sever Duty Rings. You can read about them in detail here: http://www.aadmount.com/TLRings/TLRings.html .

But to summarize, the most obvious feature are the Triple Lugs:

PICT0355.JPG

PICT0399.JPG

There are a number of reasons I did that you can read more about above, but quite obviously it adds brute strength and it also adds bearing area and stiffness which will pay dividends for return to zero repeatability especially on extremely hard recoiling rifles.

PICT0363.JPG

I expect a large portion of my customers to be those with long range hunting rifles with severe recoil and quite often aluminum rails that will appreciate the load being spread out over such a large area and the peace of mind the incredible strength provides.

PICT0336.JPG

The side clamp, similar to that on my AADMOUNT AR Mount, is extremely tolerant to out of spec rails, always providing the same tremendous clamping force on any rail.

And using the flush screws means not only do you get more clamping force, you don't have a big ol' nut sticking out wanting to grab onto things.

PICT0339.JPG

The "foot" side of the ring is many times as stiff as some other aluminum rings on the market which adds in repeatably returning to zero by allowing less deflection as the clamp screws are torqued. It's many times as strong as well.

PICT0346.JPG

Six screws eliminate any possibility of scope slippage even under the most severe recoil. Peace of mind. The wide profile spreads that clamping force over a larger area of the scope to protect the scope tube from damage.

Re: AADMOUNT Rings Available

Speaking of that, while many may assume I chose the profile of the top ring based purely upon its handsome rugged good looks, there's that...but there's also the fact the geometry was also carefully chosen to put the right amount of stiffness in the right locations:

Untitled-Captured-06.jpg

Untitled-Captured-01.jpg

Untitled-Captured-03.jpg

This exclusive geometry results in the scope tube being compressed equally around its circumference. As with my AADMOUNT AR Mounts, "Tube Pinching" in the area of the screws will not happen with this design due to the stiffness of the ringtops and bodies in that location. The least stiff part of the rings is the very middle, which allows each side to smoothly and evenly wrap around the tube of the scope with even pressure.

This means as long as you mount these rings on a straight rail, they will not make ring marks.

All this brute strength comes at a reasonable weight, being CNC machined from billet 6061-T6 and 7075-T6 aluminum. A pair of lows weighs 5.5 oz.

Well, you guys asked and this is what I've delivered. For this first production run, I've done 30mm in three heights--0.83", 0.95" and 1.07". 34 and 35mm will come soon.

You guys can see the price on my site but if you can wait just a few days SWFA should have them in stock at a lower price.

Thanks for your time.

Congratulates,looks deffinitely to be one of the beafyest/heavy duty mounts so far. Looks very good and very well machined to.

Good work!

Håkan

Perfect timing. I've been looking for a set of rings to mate the SS 5-20 to my 338 Lapua. I'll have to wait to get the scope in hand before I order but these look like a top contender. With the tolerances you provide do you feel there would be any need to lap your rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim-VT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the tolerances you provide do you feel there would be any need to lap your rings? </div></div>
No need to lap if you put them on a straight rail. But for those who want to anyway, doing so does not void the warranty.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">34mm version coming? </div></div>
Yup. No firm date yet, but eventually I'll have them.

Really nice!!about to grab a set of these from SWFA.They look overkill,which = perfect.Goodshootin'

~R

Just ordered a set of Medium AAD rings in 30mm today from SWFA.They said I should have them by friday.Will post up pics then.Goodshootin'

~R

AADmounts30mm rings installed!!
These are the best rings I've personally ever owned.SWFA got em to me asap from TX to Cali.They look really beefy and the machining looks really good.Can't say enough.My PST is also very happy!Thanks again Jon and AADmounts!Here's the link to my Thread on SC.Goodshootin'

~R

yeah, i decided on them as well to go with my badger ordnance riser/rail atop my ar10t. my new swfa ss 5-20 will be held captive in it.

I'm glad you like them, Reagan. They look good on your rifle. Quite a few more people should be getting theirs today.

I got a set of these rings with the SWFA SSHD, and I like them a lot. Well made, and thought out.

As an FYI to anyone out there, they won't work on a Stock AI AE rail, the odd spacing doesn't allow them to fit with the 3 recoil lugs. So standard pic rails only.

But I definitely found them well made.

aaagghhh AI sucks ! Thank you for the heads-up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad you like them, Reagan. They look good on your rifle. Quite a few more people should be getting theirs today. </div></div>

Thanks Jon.I love them and have NF,Lupy M4's,XTR's,and a set of Talley Tacticals to compare too.The oversized bolts on these AADmount's are larger in comparrison to the others which I think is a plus.The included torx bit was handy too.Three recoil lugs?Enough said.Will be buying a AADmount for an AR I'm almost done with also_Official AADmount user for life,Thanks again.

~Reagan

Mine came in the mail today. These are some HEAVY duty rings. Fit and finish is fantastic. I will definitely be using AADmount for my future ring purchases!

For picatinny and weaver rails?

I forget what I ordered last year from farrel, must have been picatinny surely.

I will try some out for sure. Sick of XTR's!

Chris

Looks like a pair of Ops2inc and Seekins Precision rings had a kid! Same flush side of seekins with the rounded swivel clamping design of the ops2inc.....

How do these compare with GG&G rings? That's what I have on my rifle now and I feel as they are a bit higher than what they need to be.

Just received my rings today. Nice work on these, can't wait to get everything mounted and off to the range this weekend. And thanks for the forethought to include a torx bit along with the typical L wrench. It's nice when a company goes above and beyond the standard in every way.

I also ordered a set for the SS 5-20 in Medium height for my M40 B/C as I was told by SWFA this height would work. Will let you guys know when it arrives.

I just have to plug these rings...

I was one of several who's GAP 10 chamber was reemed with the wrong sized reemer. After about 800 rounds I stripped the upper and sent it in for correction. I received it yesterday, reassembled everything, and took it out for a zero this AM. This rifle/ring combo didn't just hold zero...it held it to a freakin gnats ass.

Don't overlook these rings if you're looking particularly for a GAP-10...they're just as solid and precise as Jon's 1-piece mounts and the tall rings couldn't be more accurately sized for this platform.

Very nicely done!

Now this is "hugging the rail". The objective dips below the rail cutout about 1/3 the way down from the top of the rail. I actually had to trim the flip-up so it would still function. Flawless fit...

593-aadrings.jpg