• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AAR of TRC 2 Day Tactical Pistol class

BountyHunter

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2003
Wilmington NC
I just went to The Range Complex (TRC) 2 day tactical pistol class. It is outside Autryville NC east of Ft Bragg. Cost was $495 if you have your own ammo and guns and they give a 10% discount to military and LE. BTW they have ammo and guns if needed at an additional cost. TRC has a 1000 acre complex with multiple short and LR ranges, obstacle course and two shoot houses. All their instructors are former CAG guys or top notch LE trainers and shooters. TRC also has the instructor contract for CAG, MARSOC and train some Seals so that shows you the level of their expertise. I learned more about pistol shooting there than anywhere else to include 24 years in SF. They start of with 25 yard slow fire to confirm zeros. A Secret service agent/Air Marshal and a LE officers duty guns were 4 and 8 inches off at 25. They shoot an interesting drill called the 700 drill (Humbler) the second day. 70 rds all timed all postions and weak hand. A perfect 700 has never been shot. CAG developed the drill. I shot a 475 and the Air marshall shot a 525 for high for students. The intructor shot a 668 and has shot a 680 which is unbelievable. All TRC instructors have to shoot a 620. Google the drill and try it as it will definetly show you what you are weak on. Interesting they always start off the day with 25 yard slow fire to warm up and reinforce accuracy. Day 2 was a lot of shoot and move, steel, cars and hauling 90 lb dummy you extracted from the vehicle and shot your way clear.

They have a two day tactical carbine course 17-18 April and have one open slot I believe. Plus a shoot house course simulating your home and a two day tactical pistol and carbine course in June.

I could not believe the quality of the instructors in shooting and more importantly the ability to analyze and show you what you are doing wrong. Absolutely best training. Try it you will like it!!!