• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AAR. Sean Little VAPOR TRAIL TACTICAL PSR 1

crossgun

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2008
N.E. Ohio
This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend Precession Scoped Rifle 1 with Sean Little of Vapor Trail Tactical. Location: Goldsboro NC. Dates Feb. 20-21

First off let me say that Sean did a wonderful job of instructing and supplied exactly what was outlined in his course description. You will walk before you run in these classes as Little believes you must have and understand the principals of precision marksmanship before you go all dynamic and think you’re cool. No reason to waste ammo at 900 if you can’t get your hits at 300.

I have owned a few precisions rifle for a while now and tried locally to find help from sources which really don’t exist or to be honest are worthless. I have previously trained multiple times with Larry Vickers, Ken Hackathorn, Dave Harrington, Pat Rogers and a list of other distinguished and recognized firearms trainers on other weapon systems. I can confidently say that Sean Little belongs in this league. He is a master of his craft and brings along real world experience. Little’s passion for precisions rifles and marksmanship is shown through his instruction. What I was the most impressed with is how he can analysis each and every shooter and then individually make things work for them. While the theory or principles may be the same he does realize that some things will work for some guys and some will not and if it’s not working for you he will figure out what it will take for you to accomplish the same result. Let’s face it, the precision rifle is really a personalized weapon and as such we need to realize that we are not exactly the same in size and stature therefore we must take a somewhat individualized approach to what works the best for each and every one of us while we apply those principles of marksmanship. Little’s ability to get results with each and every individual in the class, no matter what effort he must put forth, is worth more than the price of admission. If you are looking for a basic school in my opinion this is one to consider because I know it delivered improvement and results with each student.

The evening before class Sean checked on all the students to ensure that their sticks and gear were good to go. He offered to help in anyway and asked us about our triggers and if we were happy with them. Seeing as I paid a lot of money for my rifle, I said of course my rifle was squared away and you know I didn’t want to be “that guy” already. Then, I asked myself what the hell do I know and why was I here? Then I ran to my room to get my stick for him to critique. After a quick review and some discussion between us the action was out of my stock and the trigger was being stoned. Sean also noted a bedding/free float issue which we addressed as well. At this point, after getting my rifle squared away, I was happy to be “that guy”. Remember, this service was offered to each and every student.

TD1 was as advertised with about four hours of cozy class room time. All students received a booklet which covered in depth Safety, Rifles & Optics, Basic Fundamentals, Supported and Unsupported Positions, Scope Features & Adjustment, Weather, Data Book Usage, Shooter Observer, Ballistics, Ammo & Reloading, Care and Cleaning. We then drove to the range where we spent the remainder of the day working on the above principals and getting a good zero at 100 and started working at 300 as well. The facility is nothing fancy at all but offers you everything you could want and need in place to shoot long range. TD1 was all paper with very little down time as we were always being critiqued and manipulated so that we could individually maximize our results. We shot till just about dark and headed back for chow. Sean took the time to join most all of the students for dinner and fellowship. I can tell you from experience any time you have the opportunity to visit with your instructor outside of the class like at dinner you need to go! So much more can be learned through casual conversation and listening to what your fellow classmates and instructors are discussing. For what it’s worth a few beers always seem to help to get things flowing. After a mentally tasking sixteen hour day you’re pretty much fried and ready to crash especially knowing you’re at it again in the morning.

TD2 Started on the range with a cold bore shot at 300 on a really small piece of steel. Then it was back to work at 300 and 500. Most of shooting was again on paper as it is the best indicator of what you are doing wrong. All of us were given the opportunity as well to chronograph are ammo. We pretty much spent the remainder of the day shooting on steel targets at 700, 750, 800 and 900. A fair amount of time was also spent on Shooter Observer dialog because when you’re not shooting your spotting and recording data in your partner’s data book and calling corrections. Near the end of the day we were briefly exposed to some positional supported shooting from a barricade.

All in all for me the experience and instruction was spot on. I learned a ton and had only wished that I could have got even more trigger time and had more bullets. I believe that even the so called intermediate shooter can learn from Little. Sean will keep you moving and expects you to be ready to learn. There is very little down time as something always needs to be done or attended to. While the basic school is not “High Speed” it is fast paced. I was especially impressed with my fellow classmates and their commitment to top level equipment and the desire to learn and be open minded. It was more than obvious to me that everyone had pulled the trigger in the past yet where hungry for the information and recommendations Sean had. The group was great and no one held the class back or appeared to be further advanced than the program. Sean does make sure that you and your gear can walk if you will before he lets you move on or run to the next level. The program has been designed in such a manner that those that can continue to advance can and those that may have issue can resolve them without interfering at all with the others. I have been to other schools where it always seemed the rest of the class was waiting on “that guy” who has a way of stealing from your own training time. Not at all the case in Vapor Trail Tactical Precision Scoped Rifle 1.

I would like to thank all in attendance, especially Sean Little for the wonderful instruction. I know as a result of this class that I am a better shooter today and have a much greater understanding of the weapon system, the platform and craft. This class is worth the price of admission. HAVE AT IT!

Re: AAR. Sean Little VAPOR TRAIL TACTICAL PSR 1

Nice write-up. And Yup, Sean knows his poop. Sounds like an excellent class.

Seans class is fantastic, Crossgun is right, it is very impressive for an instructor to go out with the guys for a meal and a few brews, gives you a chance to really get on a personal level. I will get some pictures posted soon from the class, even though there wasn't much time for picture taking.

Great summary of the weekend! Sean ran a great class, which I thoroughly enjoyed and learned allot. The amount of material covered could easily make it a 3-day class and I wouldn’t have minded! He made it a point to work with each student over the weekend to ensure they understood the material and work on any issues they needed help with. I highly recommend any of Sean classes and I look forward to taking class another in the near future.

I can't beat the first review written! But I am proud to say that I was also in attendance this weekend at Sean's class and that I was humbled by the wealth of knowledge that was shared with us. I can now diagnose my shots and know exactly what I did wrong when I pulled the trigger before I see the hit on the target. The comradery was insane! It was almost like we all had known each other for years! I look forward to PR2 in April and I hope to see you all there again. I am uploading a few photos and videos now and will link to them later. I highly recommend Sean as a instructor for this class and I am sure he will be just as informative in the other classes as well. He is patient, but critical when it needs to be. The fact that he let us have free shoot time (and still coached us) almost into the dark shows how much he is willing to give of himself. To me the 8-1/2 hour drive was nothing...I'd go to the west coast if he held a class there.

Sean is a great instructor. I have seen one of his first classes and he did a great job. I am glad to see that he was able to meet your training needs.

John

Here's a taste of the weekend. Trying to link the videos, but I'm having trouble. And as was stated before, there wasn't much time for photos.

df1b47ff.jpg

d9ac7444.jpg

f65b14be.jpg

Good review and glad you guys had a good time!!

It looks......warm.
Nice to see a part of the Eastern US w out snow.
Sam is GTG.

If I sound like a broken record, It's because I have nothing but good things to say about the weekend.. It was definately worth the 9.5hr drive that Crossgun and myself had..
As Crossgun has stated, this is a class to take.. Even if you have some rifle experience, you will learn from Sean... I look forward to taking another class...

If you haven't signed up for a class with Sean.. What are you waiting for?

Hey guys
Thanks for the great comments on the class, really looking forward to the PSR II class in April. Hope you guys get a little trigger time between now and then, II is a little more technical, challenging, but really fun!! I had a great time but it went by really fast, see you guys soon.

Hopefully you can get the videos up, post pics if you have them, my camera was there just didn't get any trigger time with it.

It was like the perfect weather. I even got a little tan! Crazy considering this afternoon I'll be digging out of 12" of snow and slush!

Crossgun,

Excellent write up. Not much for me to add. But Sean was literate, easy to listen to, and had much to offer any shooter.

I learned many new things I was fuzzy about, and now have a firm foundation to move forward.

Vapor Trail Tactical PSR I represents an outstanding value; A+++

See you all at PSR II
grin.gif

Thanks to all,

Bob

Crossgun, you couldn't said it better. Sean makes us all feel
as if he's our personal instuctor with his patience and consideration. I'll see you in April for class Sean, will PM.
TOM D.

P1000114.jpg
P1000112.jpg
P1000103.jpg
P1000109-1.jpg
Hear are some more pix of class sean little is a sexy basted behind the rifle!

P1000101.jpg
P1000111.jpg
P1000091.jpg
I just wanted to add that Sean little is a true professional his willing to teach his students goes above and beyond what most instructors would go to.Ther isn’t a question that you will feel is not appropriate and he will explain it to you in many way till you get it. I definitely recommend his class to any one regardless of experience he will find you weaker side of you shooting and help you work on the problem areas. One point of note is that you will not only learn a lot from Sean but you are going to have a great time shooting and having fun which makes the trip all the more fun.

Pics of your confirmed kill? All I have is a pile of brass! So much for one shot, one kill. When do we get to shoot movers?

Sean, Your confirmed kill was a buzzard's dinner.....

There is a small story behind this picture.... For all in attendance, we know how this went down... The rest will have to PM Sean and get the details... But, Crossgun did have a pile of brass afterward...

littleshog.jpg

Hey, wasn't the shooter with the largest group supposed to wear it like a hat?

To think it was only last weekend we were shooting in tee shirts and getting a tan!

21f8425d.jpg

Hey now, don't throw out the whole "there was a pile of brass" unless your willing to tell the whole story!! She was a little on the movin her ass to cover when I saw her, and my first hit (3rd shot) blew her furry little tail off, didn't give her quite enough lead.

Look out PETA is gonna come run you down. LOL sounds like a great time may have to come hang out myself if i have a hole in my schedule!!

Sounds like a really good class, from a good guy

In Sean's defence he was shooting someone else's rifle, and luckily for him, someone else's ammo.

Shootin' steel! Finally figured out how to link a video! Enjoy! Not as much as we did shooting it, but enjoy!