• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses AAR: Vapor Trail Tactical intermediate PR course (2 Day, North Texas)

hot loads B==D - - -
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
Houston, TX
Let me preface by saying that I am in no way affiliated with Vapor Trail Tactical or was promised anything by making this brief post/AAR. Mr. Sean Little aka Vapor Trail Tactical was a complete stranger to me before taking the class.

My friend and I decided to sign up for his intermediate class that was held at the beginning of March up in north Texas at a private range. We were determined to take the course rain or shine. The weather during the course couldn’t be any better. Mid 30’s, strong winds, and rain. Win.

We both already had basic rifle driving skills under our belts so the next logical step was to take an intermediate course and exploit what we already knew.

Day 1. We jumped straight into checking and adjusting our zeros. My zero was good to go and I didn't need to make any adjustments. I also checked the speed of my handloads which were pretty solid. I’m sold on RL16 powder. I saw almost no difference in speed from 70 degrees and 35 degrees. They were holding ~2800 fps. Temp stable? I would say so.
Once zero was verified we began pushing the distance to 300 and worked on fundamentals. Getting behind the rifle, settling in, breathing, sending it, and proper follow through. After that we began pushing the rounds to 500 and worked on getting our dope dialed in (truing). We were aiming at 3” Shoot-n-c targets.
After lunch we resumed shooting at distance but the fog was thick at this point and targets beyond 600 were really hard to spot. Stupid weather.

We drilled more and did some rapid target engagements at different distances. What was cool about the class was that Sean incorporated practical drills in the training. We did PRS style match courses to put everything into play. We ended the cold ass day on a good note.

Day 2. WIND. It was windy as hell. Had easily 10-15 mph with gusts around 20+ sometimes. The wind was everywhere and what made it interesting was how the range was laid out. You could have almost full value wind in one area and nothing further ahead and then wind again. We did wind calls and such. It was no frills wind reading.
The shot timer was later introduced and we worked on VTT’s Precision Rifle Standards.
From his website:
VTT- Precision Rifle Standards Purpose- To test all of the pertinent skills that are needed in marksmanship as a sniper or precision marksman. Speed, accuracy, and efficiency are all tested in these standards, it is designed to show a shooter their strengths and weaknesses, which provided feedback on what the shooter needs to focus on in training.

The Standards testing and breakdown was humbling and easily exploited your weaknesses. We did more drilling and target engagement with positional shooting and hold over shooting. We broke for lunch and came back to resume shooting.
We concluded the day with PRS stuff which I enjoy. We got to shoot out of a prop boat, a rooftop stage, and out of a helicopter fuselage which overlooked a quarry.

In all I enjoyed what was taught and took home some knowledge I didn’t have before. I know there are plenty of PR courses out there but I have no issues recommending VTT.

Sean Little was a USMC Scout sniper and worked in federal LE before doing this gig full time so I had faith that he would be able to teach me something. He's a solid dude..

Hope this helps anyone contemplating on taking one of his courses. I'll take all the training I can get.

My setup for the class:
Alamo Precision Rifle 6.5 Creedmoor Curtis Axiom 24" Bartlein barrel w/ TBAC Ultra 7 6.5
Nightforce ATACR 5-25 F1 MIL-C
MPA Comp chassis
140gr Hornady ELD-M handloads
Cole-Tac shooting mat, Cole-Tac Cuddle bag, Warhorse Development waxed canvas Comanche
Innorel RT90C tripod with RRS universal leveling base

PS- For those that are traveling and want to stay in Weatherford, DO NOT stay at the Motel 6. Long story.. We ended up switching to the Holiday Inn which was light years better. But smart people already know that. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Hogstooth
thank you for the information looks neat and worth a look into more .

I have been wanting to go to some of Sean's training, hopefully after the house is done. I'm just down the road from Weatherford.

Good review. More people should offer "Intermediate" classes rather than just Intro & Advanced. Like what the hell ever happened to the in-between.