• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shooter65

General
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2004
    Indiana
    aarp.jpg

Re: AARP

If your of age, DO NOT join this LEFT wing group..............they are OUR enemies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your of age, DO NOT join this LEFT wing group..............they are OUR enemies. </div></div>

Two Shoes,
    Can you expand on this ?

Kinda curious to see what makes them so.(our enemies)

308Panther

Neither myself (eligible next month) nor Mrs.QQ (Not saying any more
    wink.gif
    ) will have anything to do with this thinly veiled organ of the current ruling party of our nation.

Their blanket anti gun/ shooting sports/ hunting, stand is one of several objectionable political movements this fraudulently advertised "Non-Partisan" organization advocates.

I'll manage without their "senior" discounts thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your of age, DO NOT join this LEFT wing group..............they are OUR enemies. </div></div>

I agree with that completely....

I liked Clint's version much better.
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Panther</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your of age, DO NOT join this LEFT wing group..............they are OUR enemies. </div></div>

Two Shoes,
    Can you expand on this ?

Kinda curious to see what makes them so.(our enemies)

308Panther</div></div>

Here you go:

NRA-ILA : National Organizations with Anti-Gun Policies

Second Amendment Sisters: Letter from AARP Detailing Anti-Gun Positions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your of age, DO NOT join this LEFT wing group..............they are OUR enemies.</div></div>

AARP is a large contributor of anti-gun legislation.

They spend millions of dollars in helping elect anti-gun legislators.

AARP is one of the scariest lobbying forces in the country.

If I thought boycotts worked, I'd be boycotting a ton of groups, and in the end, mostly all I'd be accomplishing is cutting my own nose off to spite my face.

When you take a look, a good look, at who's for and against gun ownership, you begin to recognize that beneath the surface, there's hardly any group that doesn't support gun control to at least some small degreee, either directly or indirectly. Figuring out who to boycott is hard enough, but even if you could identify them all, it would probably be impossible to live without providing at least some of them with some support anyway.

I refuse to be intimidated into altering my lifestyle because some wrongheaded individuals have managed to worm their way into some otherwise good organizations. They don't deserve that sort of satisfaction. I prefer to think in terms of them busting their chops to drive a wedge between me and my guns, and failing despite their best efforts. Meanwhile, I'll take 'em for all the bennies I can get out of their public assistance programs.

If we allow such organizations to drive us this way or that, they control our lives, even to that small degree. If we allow such organizations to scare us in any way, then <span style="font-style: italic">we</span> are the ones who provide them with at least some of their clout. I choose not to permit them that power over me. I own guns, I will continue to own guns, no matter what the AARP try to do to alter that fact. They are not the boss of me.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I thought boycotts worked, I'd be boycotting a ton of groups, and in the end, mostly all I'd be accomplishing is cutting my own nose off to spite my face.

When you take a look, a good look, at who's for and against gun ownership, you begin to recognize that beneath the surface, there's hardly any group that doesn't support gun control to at least some small degreee, either directly or indirectly. Figuring out who to boycott is hard enough, but even if you could identify them all, it would probably be impossible to live without providing at least some of them with some support anyway.

I refuse to be intimidated into altering my lifestyle because some wrongheaded individuals have managed to worm their way into some otherwise good organizations. They don't deserve that sort of satisfaction. I prefer to think in terms of them busting their chops to drive a wedge between me and my guns, and failing despite their best efforts. Meanwhile, I'll take 'em for all the bennies I can get out of their public assistance programs.

If we allow such organizations to drive us this way or that, they control our lives, even to that small degree. If we allow such organizations to scare us in any way, then <span style="font-style: italic">we</span> are the ones who provide them with at least some of their clout. I choose not to permit them that power over me. I own guns, I will continue to own guns, no matter what the AARP try to do to alter that fact. They are not the boss of me.

Greg</div></div>

Additionally, if every time a large membership organization begins to lean against your personal policy views you just pack tent and leave then EVERY large membership organization will consist ONLY of people with opposing policy views. If you want YOUR policy views to be known then you have to participate, recruit members, make YOUR opinion the majority opinion. You can't BOTH be a hermit AND complain that you have no influence in society.

Without getting too overtly political, maybe this pack your bags and leave philosophy is how the current leadership party got to be the way it is vis-a-vis gun control. Maybe a few conservative gun owners in the woodpile might be good for 'em. Maybe if those 'take the guns, all of them' wackos got shouted down once in awhile, right in their own midst, it might do some good.

Greg