• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AB 2.1.0 and the Kestrel 4500

falco

Online Training Member
Minuteman
May 3, 2005
Fayetteville, NC
I updated my AB to version 2.1.0. Previously the AB would connect with challenges. Today was the first opportunity to try it at the range. It would not connect to my Kestrel 4500, it would only scan for a 5000 series device. Did this update remove the 4500 as an option? If not, what am I missing on the connection process?

Are you on an Android Device?

Are you using the K4500 or the K5000 connection method?

4500 - This should be done in the apps preferences.

57000 - This should be done using the "Configure Kestrel" in the drop down menu.

In both cases, make sure the type of atmosphere is correctly selected in preferences. For the 5700 that means absolute. For the 4500 that means absolute when the altitude has been zeroed out.

It is an Android device running 5.0.2 (Lollipop) using a Ketrel 4500NV AB. I went into the App settings and it has permissions to connect to Bluetooth. I also verified that it is paired in the device settings. It gives me a "Failed to connect to Bluetooth device, socket closed" error. What baffles me is that Strelok Pro, Ventus and Kestrel Companion all connect without any issue..

Last edited:
It is an Android device running 5.0.2 (Lollipop) using a Ketrel 4500NV AB. I went into the App settings and it has permissions to connect to Bluetooth. I also verified that it is paired in the device settings. It gives me a "Failed to connect to Bluetooth device, socket closed" error. What baffles me is that Strelok Pro, Ventus and Kestrel Companion all connect without any issue..

If the Kestrel has already connected to a different app in the same session. Then the socket is being occupied by the other app in the memory.

Ok.. I am going to bump this thread... having the same problem. Have a kestrel 4500 AB with the latest firmware (I sent it off to them and they updated it ) latest version of AB on my phone 2.2.7. I connected in the preferences screen. Go to " Acquire atmosphere" also sees my device.. select and get failed to read device message..

I made sure all other apps are closed after reading this and got the same result.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200515-150837_Applied Ballistics.jpg
    Screenshot_20200515-150837_Applied Ballistics.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 18