• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AB Arms Mod X Gen 3 Rifle Chassis

BravoXray

Odark30
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2009
Maryland
So, I may be in the market for a new chassis system for my 700 barreled action. The Remington PRC was great in my opinion except for it wasn't very forgiving for aftermarket triggers, mainly my Bix and Andy. Due to the safety on the trigger having to be pushed slightly outward and then forward or back to engage there wasn't enough clearance. When the smith attempted to inlet to allow for the Bix and Andy Safety the chassis was damaged, maybe repairable but it would require trying to weld aluminum.

I've been looking for a chassis that was similar and came across AB Arms Mod X, I saw a few reviews on Youtube of the first two generations, along with some issues, one being the trigger well not being big enough to accept aftermarket triggers. However, I see that in Gen 3 a lot of the issues were addressed.

What I haven't seen much of is any comment on if the aftermarket trigger issue was addressed. I did a search on the HIDE and surprisingly I don't see too many posts (if any) of anyone speaking about this chassis.

Does anyone have any first-hand experience?
Can you advise if you're able to fit an aftermarket trigger, if so what are you running?
Any problems running your scope on the rail?

Thanks, and to answer the question YES, I'm keeping the BIX and Andy and will pick a chassis around it, I like it that much....LOL

For reference:
ABAMX700B-2.png

I can't comment on the AB Arms chassis as I have never had the opportunity to play with one, but I can guarantee that all of our chassis are now inletted to fit just about any trigger/trigger hanger there is! In fact, we have a sponsored shooter running the Tac Sports who has never had an issue ;) Not to derail your thread, just thought I'd mention it.

Josh, do you recall which chassis that shooter is running with the Tac sport? You guys also have a config with a full rail too correct?

Josh, do you recall which chassis that shooter is running with the Tac sport? You guys also have a config with a full rail too correct?

Yes, he has been running out ESS, LSS-XL Gen2 and ACC chassis with his Tac Sport. All of them dropped in without issue.

We do offer our ESS chassis with a full rail forend and a tall scope base to co-witness the 20 MOA rail :)

BTT for anyone with info on this chassis (Mod -X). There's gotta be one on the hide right?..LOL

I had one,I bought it primarily for it’s light weight.I swapped out the butt stock for a Luth AR MBA 3,the grip for an Ergo deluxe & ran a Calvin Elite trigger in it no problems.I also had a Leupold Mk 6 that I had mounted in a Spuhr.I did have to shave the ocular scope cap flat to have clearance though.
It was a good chassis after all that,but what I didn’t like about it was the forward projection in front of the magazine that the forestock mated to.I shoot a lot off hand & prefer to get my support hand as far back as it can go,even with a shooting glove it wasn’t a good fit for me.
Luckily I came across the KRG Bravo & it does everything I need.

Thanks, Macca, that was the type of info I was looking for. Good to know about the scope cap on the MK6, considering I'm using a Steiner with a slightly bigger bell.

Thanks again for the info.