• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AB Library Version 811

DocUSMCRetired

Applied Ballistics
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2014
Texas
www.appliedballisticsllc.com
Library Version 811 is out now. Here are the notes on this version:
  • The update takes us over 800 bullets. Our one chance to use this video
    1f642.png
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/KQuXxYPUux7JiYLo9
  • This update is based 100% on Doppler radar testing.
  • 6 Bullets were updated, and 24 new bullets were added.
  • New offerings from Berger, Lehigh, Sako, Sierra, and Trom.
  • The Berger 7mm 184 gr Hybrid is a rockstar! Higher BC than estimated/currently advertised: G1 = 0.706, G7 = .362. However, big caveat, you can't get this in the 1:9" twist. You need at least a 1:8.5 to get all that BC.
  • The 338 cal 245 gr Lehigh was a retest from 2015. We produced the exact same G7 BC for this bullet as we did 3 yrs ago (the G1 is a little different, and the CDM will also be a little different, but re-producing the same G7 BC average from 3000-1500 fps is pretty awesome considering 3 year gap, and different testing instruments (acoustic vs. radar).
  • See the change log here: Change Log from 787 to 811. The changelog shows you the change in performance and new bullet additions.
  • See complete library list here: AB Library 811
Availability:

Mobile Apps with AB Connect™: Immediately.
Desktop Software: Update Expected Q1 2019.
PC Profile Loader: Update Expected Q1 2019.

Doc, I pretty much run AB Tactical exclusively with great success. Problem is I'm shooting the ELD M's these days and those aren't in my bullet library. Actually, there's a lot of offerings not in my library. I'm running software version 2.04 Core 40. My database version is 400. Is there a bullet library upgrade for us Tactical guys? Thanks.

Doc, I pretty much run AB Tactical exclusively with great success. Problem is I'm shooting the ELD M's these days and those aren't in my bullet library. Actually, there's a lot of offerings not in my library. I'm running software version 2.04 Core 40. My database version is 400. Is there a bullet library upgrade for us Tactical guys? Thanks.

I expect something after SHOT Show for AB Tactical. It is getting AB Connect™ integration.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Is there a way to use my AB Analytics CDM on my AB mobile or do I have to purchase new CDM on the mobile app?

Their is no way to transfer it over. The Mobile App requires you pick up the CDM as an in app addition.

Do you guys plan to integrate the ability to input tracking errors. Say the scope only tracks 98% true.

This is already in the AB Analytics Software and Mobile App and the Garmin 701.

I’m sorry. I knew it could do that from back when I bought the software. Never actually did it and then forgot about it. Thanks!

The AB Engine in the Kestrel Elite does, however that function is not turned on and implemented. If you would like to see it implemented, I would suggest making a request to NK that you wish to see it.

lets start the revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, I paid 700 dollars for an incomplete product. WTF

Last edited:
It isn't incomplete. You can use the Calibration features to make the same correction.

I’ve read Accuracy and Precision twice and it talks about the disadvantages of doing those calibrations. I’d rather do a scope correction factor

@DocUSMCRetired is the data on the 6.5 eld accurate? The 123gr eld shows higher than the 130gr. It seemed ab bc were pretty close in relation to hornady doppler bc but the 130 on my kestrel link is a bit off.

@DocUSMCRetired is the data on the 6.5 eld accurate? The 123gr eld shows higher than the 130gr. It seemed ab bc were pretty close in relation to hornady doppler bc but the 130 on my kestrel link is a bit off.

Yes, we do sanity checks on the library and the numbers have been repeatable. Just because a bullet is heavier, doesn't always mean its a better design.

Reactions: Nortex