• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Abel Company - new offerings - Suppressors!

I'm still waiting for the ATF to release my Biscuit from jail...

Interested in seeing these titanium cans. Of course they have to be released after I purchased a Biscuit 🤣

Are the Titanium models still on schedule to be available by the end of this month?
Unfortunately not, we just got a new laser and are at the mercy of the techs from germany to set it up and provide training.

This new laser is going to be dedicated to the ti cans and all the other equipment is pumping out biscuits right now.

On the positive note, testing on the Ti can which we named the "Theorem" has exceeded expectations!

Heres a sneak peek while we were goofing off.

Reactions: kthomas
Unfortunately not, we just got a new laser and are at the mercy of the techs from germany to set it up and provide training.

This new laser is going to be dedicated to the ti cans and all the other equipment is pumping out biscuits right now.

On the positive note, testing on the Ti can which we named the "Theorem" has exceeded expectations!

Heres a sneak peek while we were goofing off.

Trumph?

Reactions: hic28
PXL_20220819_162652369.jpg

Finally coming home...

It's a great looking and well made suppressor, and it's packaged very well. Can't wait to shoot this thing!

PXL_20220819_162418058.jpg

PXL_20220819_162427844.jpg

So far my only critique is that Abel must've hired the guy that used to put the Tikka barrels on, as that 1-3/8 to 5/8x24 bushing was on the suppressor TIGHT! I had to thread it on to an old barrel placed in a barrel vice, really torquing up the bushing to the barrel. Was finally able to get it loose with a few blows of a rubber mallet to the spanner wrench. The bushing is still on the old barrel, already nicked the threads of the bushing trying to remove it.

Otherwise, I like what I've seen so far! Will update after I try it out at the range.

Reactions: K80/6.5
It's a great looking and well made suppressor, and it's packaged very well. Can't wait to shoot this thing!

View attachment 7937620

View attachment 7937621

So far my only critique is that Abel must've hired the guy that used to put the Tikka barrels on, as that 1-3/8 to 5/8x24 bushing was on the suppressor TIGHT! I had to thread it on to an old barrel placed in a barrel vice, really torquing up the bushing to the barrel. Was finally able to get it loose with a few blows of a rubber mallet to the spanner wrench. The bushing is still on the old barrel, already nicked the threads of the bushing trying to remove it.

Otherwise, I like what I've seen so far! Will update after I try it out at the range.
I'd really like to compare one to my dominus. Could be a great alternative. Keep us posted!

Any new eta on the Theorem?
I’d really like to get one when they come out. Just trying to decide if I can wait long enough or if I should get something else on order for now.

Any one else getting their Abel cans that can provide feedback?

Sounds good. I went back and forth between the Kgm and the Abel. Ended up with the KGM R30k and so far really like it but would still be interested in picking up an Abel offeringz

Any new eta on the Theorem?
I’d really like to get one when they come out. Just trying to decide if I can wait long enough or if I should get something else on order for now.
We’re at the mercy of the Trumpf setup team which bumped us back to early October.

The current plan is to get the website up with preorders at the end of the month.

Until we have the welder up and running, we can’t give a solid date. When our equipment is running and I know that we are able to deliver on promises then I will give an exact date.

I truly believe it’s worth the wait, we are doing everything in our power to get it on the market.

In the meantime, we’re still cranking out biscuits on a different welder and have them in several departments hands and to resellers across the country. Exceeding our projected numbers by much more than we anticipated!

I’ll update this thread as soon as I have more concrete dates

Follow us on IG for cool pics! @abelcousa

Mini review:

Took the Abel Co. Biscuit out to the range for the first time on Friday and put some 6.5 creedmoor rounds through it. And here are my thoughts.

Recoil impulse is very impressive, as others have talked about. When compared to my wife's Omega with 6.5mm endcap, the recoil impulse felt much more like what you would experience with a muzzle brake, rather than a suppressor. Getting the rifle back on target can be achieved much more efficiently with the Biscuit than the Omega. Not sure if this was an actual design intent or if its a by-product from the nature of it being short and "fat", but I'll take it. Probably my favorite performance aspect of this suppressor, its that nice!

Sound suppression is good - from what I can tell, it's about equivalent to my wife's Omega with 6.5mm end cap. I did a side by side between the two suppressors, shooting them back to back on my rifle. The Biscuit has a very pleasant tone, I preferred it to the Omega's tone. I should point out that I was shooting at a semi-public range under a metal roof, not the best environment to test acoustics.

Precision - from what I can tell so far, this can has no ill-effect on precision. Used it on my new hunting barrel that I'm still breaking it, but shot it even better suppressed than unsuppressed. Part of that is certainly due to me shooting better suppressed, I can be a bit sensitive to concussion. But no concerns at all about any ill-effect on precision.

Overall, a quality and beautiful can. I'm very pleased with it! It will be going hunting with me this fall, and then off to shoot the PRS match at CCC in Navasota in January.

Also, shout out to @hic28 and his team! In a previous post I mentioned buggering up the 1-3/8 to 5/8x24 adapter, and @hic28 was quick to respond to send me a new adapter and an additional spanner wrench. That's customer service! Very happy to support a company that takes care of its customers.

Thanks for the review!

Matt smoked this guy a few days ago
AB7747C2-A816-4090-88EC-39339A1B410E.jpeg

Used the Biscuit on the AR-15 for the first time today, and man is it pleasant!

Previously used the wife's Omega with 6.5mm end cap, and the back pressure would result in a lot of gas coming out of the election port. So much so that it's very unpleasant.

Completely different story with the Biscuit. Mostly shot pistol today, so only got about ~50 rounds down the suppressed ar-15, but no noticeable gas at all out of the ejection port. Night and day difference between the Omega and Biscuit for that.

Overall, really enjoying your Biscuit! Seems just as much at home on an ar-15 as it is a precision bolt gun, exactly what I wanted.

We’re at the mercy of the Trumpf setup team which bumped us back to early October.

The current plan is to get the website up with preorders at the end of the month.

Until we have the welder up and running, we can’t give a solid date. When our equipment is running and I know that we are able to deliver on promises then I will give an exact date.

I truly believe it’s worth the wait, we are doing everything in our power to get it on the market.

In the meantime, we’re still cranking out biscuits on a different welder and have them in several departments hands and to resellers across the country. Exceeding our projected numbers by much more than we anticipated!

I’ll update this thread as soon as I have more concrete dates

Follow us on IG for cool pics! @abelcousa
Will the new titanium suppressor be similar design/ length/ diameter as the biscuit just with titanium?

Will the new titanium suppressor be similar design/ length/ diameter as the biscuit just with titanium?
CA386705-2FA4-4026-AF51-3D2D0DDAA491.jpeg

Biscuit is just shy of 6” dia
Theorem is 5” 9/16

The Theorem will have 3 lengths, this is standard, we will have a shorter and longer version, haven’t settled on exact lengths though.

That’s hard to quantify, the theorem was designed for optimal suppression from a bolt gun so it’s a bit higher back pressure. On a 28” 308 it is very very comfortable to shoot, I can watch trace.

This is the only video I have shooting it so far, we’ve been shooting the crap out of it but I’m bad at remembering to record stuff

I’ll be at the CD team safari next week with one on a 6.5cm. I’ll try to get some video for you

Sweet! Hopefully I can catch up with you down there and check it out. We will be competing too.

Reactions: hic28
Finally! The laser welder is up and running and we are producing Theorems. Website is updated and I will be making a new thread with introductory SH discounts available.

Totally random question. Who makes that lightweight stock shown on the home page with the THEOREM can.

What's the Theorum rated to? I see on the site it's a 22" 300PRC. Only reason why I ask is that I had a incident with another suppressor shooting a 26" 300NM kinda fast. Let's say the internal core was never to be found again. Still had the outer tube though. The suppressor was warrantied but really looking into something with a bit more strength.

What's the Theorum rated to? I see on the site it's a 22" 300PRC. Only reason why I ask is that I had a incident with another suppressor shooting a 26" 300NM kinda fast. Let's say the internal core was never to be found again. Still had the outer tube though. The suppressor was warrantied but really looking into something with a bit more strength.
What do you consider kinda fast? Like a standard 10-12 round stage in under 90 seconds? Or sustained firing of 50 with no time to cool between?

After 900+ degrees, any ti can is gonna eventually fail when you just continuously dump high pressure rounds through it. Yield strength decreases with heat. So high temp conditions will decrease the amount of pressure the suppressor walls or welds will sustain. That’s why calculating safety factor and understanding it is important for suppressor design lol. People can chase the “lightest” suppressor but at the end of the day wall thickness and heat are kinda the factors that decide what the can is capable of.

That being said, I’ve sent plenty of strings of 10 and 15 PRC through it with no issues, granted, I gave it time to cool between strings.