• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Abel table - leveling base, ball head, direct mount?

Mike 556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2018
Northeast PA
I just ordered a PVA comp 40 tripod, I'm going to get an Abel table to shoot off, glass, range, ect. How do you fellas like to mount your table to your tripod?

I use the anvil 30, bh-55 and direct mount all for shooting. It depends if you also want to use the table for other applications. Direct mounting the table upside down makes a great seat or workspace for taking notes. Having it on a ball head or anvil-30 will let you attach all your target ID equipment. If money is a factor, go direct mount until you can get the anvil 30.

Reactions: Mike 556
Haven't bought one but t/e used one direct mounted with a game changer bag. I was impressed.
Ranging and spotting off the bag was pretty easy, bag made using the plrf10 real simple, and I thought easier to put away to set up to shoot than with a qd attach like I have on one of the other tripods.
I'm ok with the leveling head, but under time and stress, direct attach and game changer bag worked really well for me.

If you want scope, lrf, video camera, etc, set up at the same time to look, range, and record, while you shoot off a second platform, get the leveling head.

The hide topic on the able table shows several pictures with all the gear attached so you get an idea that having the leveling head makes getting on line/target a bit faster when speed is needed, if that's what you are going to use it for.

Reactions: Mike 556